|Artist:||Penguin Prison||Added:||Dec 2011|
|Add Date:||2012-02-12||Pull Date:||2012-04-15||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Apr 15||Apr 8||Mar 25||Mar 18||Mar 11||Mar 4||Feb 26||Feb 19|
|1.||Nov 07, 2012:||The Paint
Someone Got Everything
|4.||Apr 12, 2012:||Nick&Noah: The Radio Show
A Funny Thing
|2.||May 03, 2012:||Synthesis
Something I'm Not
|5.||Apr 12, 2012:||Synthesis
|3.||Apr 22, 2012:||There and Back Again
|6.||Apr 06, 2012:||There and Back Again
Fair Warning, In The Way
Upbeat electronic pop, consistently interesting beats, synthetic sound. It’s great music to just nod your head to. Lead vocalist sounds a little like Mika, except not as high pitched. The songs can get a little repetitive as the hook plays again and again with little variety. Overall, I enjoyed it, great album to just relax to if your looking for something upbeat. First song is definitely the best, which is a shame due to the fact that its riddled with FCC violations.
Overall rating: 3 out of 5 Stars
My Favorites: 1,2,8,11
1. Don’t F**k with My Money (4:11) – FCC (obvious from the title ,“f**k” is said at least twenty times) but upbeat and really great, funky 1980s vibe.
2. A Funny Thing (4:37) – Danceable beat, loving the deep vocals that align with synths
3. Golden Train (5:41) - Easy going electronic sound, nice melody that shows off singers’ voices. I was kind of just waiting for it to finally end though.
4. Multi-Millionaire (3:24) – 80s pop feel, enjoyable, very upbeat
5. Something I’m Not (4:15) - intense techno beat, cool xylophone (or some instrument of that sort…?) section around 1:20, nice subtle buildup of beats, lots of lyrical repetition.
6.The Worse it Gets (3:14) – typical techno beat, nothing particularly interesting. Ends like 7 seconds early
7. Fair Warning (4:28) – more of a focus on the vocals in this song, fast paced electro beat.
8. Desert Cold – nice vocals, great sound but I feel like I have heard the beat a million times before, cool xylophone sound again. I really love the melody. Most popular song on the album, according to online sites. Kind of reminds me of Coldplay.
9. Pinocchio (5:14) – slow buildup in first 20 seconds, eventually becomes up tempo. Same kind of sound, ends abruptly.
10. In The Way (4:05) – kind of unremarkable, nice little pop song, I found it a little repetitive. I like when the music breaks down towards the end. Ends like 8 or 9 seconds early.
11. Someone Got Everything (3:11) – easy going acoustic song, loving the variety finally. More of a focus on vocals than beat. Ends 6 seconds early.
|1.||Don't Fuck With My Money||6.||The Worse It Gets|
|2.||A Funny Thing||7.||Fair Warning|
|3.||Golden Train||8.||Desert Cold|
|5.||Something I'm Not||10.||In The Way|
|11.||Someone Got Everything|