|Artist:||New Division, The||Added:||Nov 2011|
|Add Date:||2011-11-27||Pull Date:||2012-01-29|
|Week Ending:||Jan 29||Jan 22||Jan 15||Jan 8||Dec 25||Dec 18||Dec 11||Dec 4|
|1.||Aug 11, 2023:||KZSU Time Traveler
|4.||Sep 20, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler
|2.||May 28, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler
|5.||May 17, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler
|3.||Feb 07, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler
|6.||Jan 05, 2018:||KZSU Time Traveler
Note: Lest you sound like a fool, the band name is a conflation of Joy Division and New Order, who are the same band, plus or minus the dead guy.
RIYL: Starfucker, New Monarchs, Depeche Mode, New Order
try: 1, 5, 10, 11
*1. (5:20) gear-up warm brassy synth, drum machine, low vox, swirling keys. tight, classic, dark and dreamy. "it just comes in handy for a bad day." see: title.
2. (3:58) low strings, padded crash drums. slow sliding achey vox. high-reg lyricless vox steal the track.
3. (5:01) starts with annoying sound. then. clashy midtempo. busy timekeeping bass under swirling harsh sky-high soundwaves.
4. (0:45) throwaway interlude. all the baby tracks are.
*5. (4:27) glitchy easy dance with nice horn tropes, windswept effects. just add vox and bash.
6. (3:49) clang bells riff, slow-approach span vox. very trebly. vamps "i had it all figured out".
7. (4:25) assailing hard-hitting bashy drums + light rudder guitar. fast! pure 80s exuberance. think the cars at double time, with a huge arena chorus.
8. (6:37) goth goth goth. ominous high thin synth, deep descending bass and snapping drum machine. eerie 'ooooh' vox trail on "i can't trust you". ends with a repeated keys melody.
9. (0:41) loud and harsh wall of sound. glitches, then catches, then fades.
*10. (5:33) funk shuffle, funk bass. melty reach-across vox. the vocal line descends and descends into melancholia. keys match the vocal melody and vamp it. sounds like splintering shards. early fade.
*11. (4:49) high butterfly synth, chord-on low-but-thin digital bass. smart, powerful keys melody in the chorus.
12. (8:48) starts gloomy. ominous creep-keys circular riff. then: hooky rockish groove 1 min in. then: rapid low chords and sky-high vox. then: funky disco lite. then: dark dance. ends with effects noise. totally convincing mood changes. this track just keeps going places.
13. (1:10) echoes, windchimes, music boxes, wind, water.
14. (5:36) abrupt ambient start. throbby midtempo bass, dreamy downcycling keys, on-and-off house loop. probably the most upbeat track here.
|2.||Shallow Play||9.||L.A. Noire|
|3.||Sense||10.||Hearts For Sale|