|Album:||Crosstown Rebels Presents: Rebel Rave Ii||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Nov 2011|
|Add Date:||2011-11-13||Pull Date:||2012-01-15|
|Week Ending:||Jan 15||Dec 25||Dec 18||Dec 11||Dec 4||Nov 27||Nov 20|
|1.||Nov 15, 2016:||The Offbeat Generation
Can't Leave You, Without You
|4.||Jun 12, 2012:||Clubbing Zeal
We Call Love (Dj Harvey Mix)
|2.||Aug 28, 2012:||Pumping Iron
|5.||Jan 13, 2012:||Pumping Iron
Vibe Your Love (Zev Southern Sunrise Rework)
|3.||Aug 23, 2012:||Pumping Iron
Crossroads (Fur Coat Remix), Vibe Your Love (Zev Southern Sunrise Rework)
|6.||Jan 10, 2012:||Panorama Barbeque
Try: CD1: 1, 2, 3, 10 CD2: 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 11
1) 5:14 * You know the drill. Flat, lazy vocals on an awfully tight foundation. Nice and sparse.
2) 7:50 * Tightly wrapped guitar loop and some summery percussion.
3) 8:58 * Aww yeah. That same “This tape was supposed to be about love” sample with a hearty serving of slow and sexy house underneath.
4) 6:02 Funk and soul meets deep house. Some chopped up sample on top of a grinding bass line.
5) 6:37 Jamie Jones’ ‘Summertime’ is all cut up on this one. Tense and slightly acidic house.
6) 6:02 Tight yet spacey. Alternates between swooning synth chords and a minimalistic kick drum-attack.
7) 9:02 Rolling bass line and almost disco-ish vocals. Dramatic and paranoid.
8) 7:29 Pounding, sleazy. Timid synthesizer chords with a robotic feel.
9) 6:38 Casual house stuff. Female vocals adding some edge to the very clean production.
10) 5:53 * Warm and sunny. Soft vocals and catchy as I don’t know what.
11) 8:49 Dark and understated. House for the late night warehouse parties.
1) 8:02 * Dirty and minimalistic. Sampled guitar loop and with soft keys on top.
2) 6:50 * Classic Art Department style. Flat vocals, flailing keys and relentless drum machine action.
3) 8:27 Soft and somewhat mellow. Lounge stuff?
4) 8:02 ** One of my favorite house moments of 2011. Deep and funky deep house from Solomun with some great samples on top. Stellar.
5) 6:06 Determined house with narrating female vocals. Somewhat funky, but a bit over the top
6) 6:28 ** Disco party. Heavily sampled jam that borrows some cutesy disco vibes and turns it into a full-on party. Nice. Hands in the air?
7) 7:54 ** Whoa. Heavy heavy bass on this. Gorgeous. Gradually builds towards an understated climax.
8) 6:47 Lounge vibes. Soft vocals, pleasant keys and cowbell. A little too mellow.
9) 6:01 Dirty, Chicago style. Super old school, pounding, almost techno-sounding.
10) 8:03 The head honcho steps up and delivers a mean jam with rough synths and a weird, fragmented feel.
11) 7:08 * Laid back, bouncy house. Light and summery with an occasional vocal snippet. There sort of is a guitar solo on this, too.