|Add Date:||2012-02-05||Pull Date:||2012-04-08|
|Week Ending:||Apr 8||Apr 1||Mar 25||Mar 18||Mar 11||Feb 26||Feb 19|
|1.||Apr 06, 2012:||Time Traveler
|4.||Mar 28, 2012:||Modern Donkey - Family Tribute
|2.||Apr 01, 2012:||Synthesis
|5.||Mar 23, 2012:||Time Traveler
|3.||Mar 30, 2012:||Time Traveler
|6.||Mar 16, 2012:||Time Traveler
Pretty solid album throughout. Use of synth backgrounds and instruments, but still actually sounds like music recorded in a studio vs predominantly on a computer. Male mid-tenor range voice, sounds like some cool British band I haven’t heard have. The vocals really make it sounds like a band that should be big - he sings with the swagger of someone famous. I like it! They seem to be bringing back the concept of instrumental solos in the middle of songs, which is awesome. A couple of songs, while simple, really showcase their talent as songwriters (3, 5).
No FCCs detected.
Favorite tracks: 3, 5, 6
1. 3:04 Boomy, ethereal beginning, picks up 45sec in, big synthy guitar sound, ends a bit suddenly - nice simple, but strong opener.
2. 4:10 Fun mid beat, light flute-y synths in background, almost beachy guitars/feel to it, good for the start of a road trip.
3. *2:32 Mid, very catchy, kinda dancy/forlorn, cool use of synth horn solo in mid (don’t play accidentally too high vol.), guitar solo end. Cool!
4. 6:26 Female voice, synth drone background, heartbeat esque drum, alternates with synth dance riff, borderline painful use of synth 1:30-2:00. Last 20sec super quiet distant synth.
5. *3:00 Slowdance time! Very nice, downtempo, simple chords, nice kinda-emotional singing (my favorite kind).
6. *4:17 Downtempo, heavy distorted guitar chords, strange combo that kinda works. Ok guitar solo just won me over (2:30-3:00).
7. 2:42 Strummed guitar and piano, female voice in background, distortions come in last 30 sec. Horn solo repriiise!!!
8. 8:28 Slow, steady basic drums, strummed guitar, faint synth in background. Nice simple closer, makes you want to play it all again.
|1.||Born Into||5.||Staring At The X|
|2.||Future Shadows||6.||Blank Appeal|
|3.||The News||7.||Mtns Are Mtns|
|4.||They Pray Execution Style||8.||Visions In Plastic|