|Album:||Father, Son, Holy Ghost||Collection:||General|
|Label:||True Panther Sounds|
|Add Date:||2012-01-22||Pull Date:||2012-03-25|
|Week Ending:||Mar 25||Mar 18||Mar 11||Mar 4||Feb 26||Feb 19||Feb 12||Feb 5|
|1.||Apr 03, 2019:||Take a spin
Love Like A River
|4.||Oct 04, 2016:||Munch Time
|2.||Dec 10, 2017:||FMF
|5.||Jun 23, 2016:||Life Aquatic
|3.||Oct 18, 2016:||Munch Time
|6.||Jun 02, 2016:||Ode to Year One
Try: 1, 2, 4 and 8.
1. **(2:34) Upbeat, catchy, fun surf-rock vibe. Gets slow and sentimental around 1:30, then picks back up at 2:10. Something even hipsters could tap their feet to.
2. *(4:51) Mid tempo with a few energetic guitar pickups interspersed throughout the song. Repetitive guitar riff and lyrics that mostly consist about him pretending not to care about a girl.
3. (4:50) Upbeat, much more of a metal feel than the songs before, with a more aggressive guitar part. Guitar part gets more warped over a minute in, with minimal but screechy vocals entering the mix around 1:30. Song slows dramatically in just under 3 minutes to just two guitars, eventually followed by drums. Nice mix of sounds and tempos.
4. *(3:59) Laid back and sweet, with a bit of an old-fashion feel. Lyrics wonder how he can tell someone he loves them after they’ve beat him to it. Fun chirping guitar part during the instrumental break makes it.
5. (3:58) Slow, you feel his self-described tiredness and sadness. Almost makes you feel like you’re trudging your way through thick mud. Soulful guitar part in the middle. A chorus of female ooos and ahhhs come in at the end.
6. (6:24) Slow to mid tempo that alternates between being quiet and soft, and strong and more imposing. Not a lot of vocals, and they are repetitive when present. Another chorus of ooos and ahhhs that give a more uplifting and gospel feel to the last minute of the song.
7. (6:40) Acoustic guitar solo for the first minute and a half, followed by vocals that seem genuinely disappointed. It is hard to tell whether this is his first encounter with true sadness or if he is experienced and world-weary. Changes tempo at 3:00 and then transitions to be slower and airier with the help of some woodwinds. The rest of the song continues the same way.
8. *(3:27) Mid tempo but much more hopeful and happy than the other songs without being overwhelming. Kind of bouncy, as he sings about the magic of being in love.
9. (7:50) Slow, has a stripped down, bare feeling to it. Picks up around 5:30 with a powerful lead guitar and louder drums. Vocals and a chorus rejoin the song for the last 40 seconds as the song comes together and finds itself.
10. (3:41) Slow, another song about love. Minimalistic at most times with just a guitar and a drum-set, although a keyboard and a chorus help to elevate the emotions behind the song.
11. (4:28) Slow and somewhat mournful, the beginning of this song reminds me of “Substance” from their last EP, Broken Dreams Club with just an electric guitar and vocals. Sad and regretful, he is reflecting over his life and his lost love. Pretty and clean, it picks up a bit about 3 minutes in with drums and a keyboard.
|2.||Alex||7.||Just A Song|
|4.||Saying I Love You||9.||Forgiveness|
|5.||My Ma||10.||Love Like A River|