|Artist:||Hermit Thrushes||Added:||Nov 2011|
|Label:||Single Girl Married Girl|
|Add Date:||2012-02-12||Pull Date:||2012-04-15|
|Week Ending:||Mar 4||Feb 26||Feb 19|
|1.||Feb 29, 2012:||meow
Are You There
|4.||Feb 17, 2012:||meow
|2.||Feb 28, 2012:||the gilded youth
|5.||Feb 15, 2012:||Everyday Commotion
|3.||Feb 21, 2012:||Audiovault without Ins
Are You There
|6.||Feb 15, 2012:||Modern Donkey - I Want More
1) Watercress (0:38)- This drum-driven track sounds like an industrial warehouse in motion.
2) Braided Stones (1:05)- mid-tempo track driven by repeated guitar lick and loud drums
3) Nails in the Wood (1:45)- drumbeat mimics a hammer punching nails into wood
**4) Milk Teeth (1:50)- faster paced track whose beginning discordant guitar lick verges on hard rock (or as hard rock as indie can get). Then evolves into an upbeat indie tune.
**5) Telegraph Hill (2:22)- Reminiscent of Vampire Weekend, catchy guitar lick
6) Fifty Years (1:47)- uptempo track dominated by drums, pervaded at times by guitar arpeggios.
7) Little Silver Ring (0:44)- short track dominated by a variety of string instruments, ends with a siren segue into the next track
8) Ootheca (3:07)- interesting lyrics: "your eyes are dripping love right now". Ending of the song is interesting because harsher bass/drum sounds are inlaid over the upbeat Greek-style guitar picking
**9) Sleeping in Your Car (2:07)- the two-guitar introduction to the song is the song's highlight. Song is full of tempo switches
10) Ancient Wing (2:16)- faster song
11) Felt (0:34)- acoustic guitar and the singer whistling. Quite soothing.
**12) Are You There (3:07)- Track begins sounding like a computer-generated, slightly creepy music-box and turns into an angry tirade with heavy distortion. Last 57 seconds of the song are mostly silence, except for meowing cats and distant voices. Consider cutting at 2:10.
13) Perfect Yellow (3:09)- soft, slow acoustic track
|1.||Watercress||7.||Little Silver Ring|
|3.||Nails In The Wood||9.||Sleeping In Your Car|
|4.||Milk Teeth||10.||Ancient Wing|
|6.||Fifty Years||12.||Are You There|