|Add Date:||2012-01-16||Pull Date:||2012-03-19|
|Week Ending:||Jan 29||Jan 22|
|1.||Jan 22, 2012:||Instant Cat
|2.||Jan 17, 2012:||AudioVault
Boy, were his friends right when he said that his music was psychedelic rock. Like the Beatles’ “A Day in the Life”, songs in this album segue mid-song into a mash of musical distortions. I could also sense some indie, hard rock, and alternative rock influences mixed in with the techno sounds. Favorites: 2, 5, 6. RIYL: The Killers No FCCs.
1. (5:07) Mid/Fast. Distorted guitar riff in the background gives the song a dark mood. Nice bass riff. Echoey vocals. Awesome light strumming gives a tense yet floating mood. Brooding.
2. (3:57)** Slow. Contemplative, mellow. Echoey vocals. Folky strumming meets airy guitar riffs. Blend of distorted noises against light gentle strumming in the end 0:30 seconds before the song ends--makes me thing this is indeed psychedelic.
3. (3:25) Mid/Fast. Starts with organ-like intro, then transitions into a nervous/mischievous guitar riff that is 70s-esque.
4. (6:06) Discordant guitar twangs until 1:20, where it explodes into low and loud banging drumbeats. Gives a dangerous mood, like you’re being chased. Becomes quiet again at 3:30 onwards, where single piano tunes are interspersed with throbbing beats.
5. (3:58)* Mid/Fast. Upbeat yet dark and brooding. Builds up to an amazing, Hendrix-esque guitar riff at 3:00.
6. (4:21)* Slow, soft with light strumming, then beats build up and becomes louder around 2:10. Amazing hard rock guitar riff at 3:40.
7. (3:44) Slow. Grungy guitar intro. Very dark, and the breathy, echoey vocals make it more haunting. Noisy and disjointed, but definitely psychedelic.
8. (3:08) Mid. Very hypnotic. Angsty Voice is muffled like that of The Killers. This song has indie influences.
9. (5:56) Slow. Starts off with marching beat. Mellow and languid, with light high-pitched guitar riffs interspersed with low-pitched throbbing beats. Just noise in the last 0:30 seconds of the song.
Reviewed by DJ Cat
|1.||Sudden Nerve||5.||Freeway Wind|