|Album:||Whole Love, The||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-11-06||Pull Date:||2012-01-08|
|Week Ending:||Jan 8||Jan 1||Dec 25||Dec 18||Dec 11||Dec 4||Nov 27||Nov 20|
|1.||Jul 15, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler
|4.||Nov 17, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler
|2.||May 28, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler
|5.||Jan 10, 2017:||Clean Copper Radio
Art Of Almost
|3.||Jul 26, 2018:||Homeroom
Art Of Almost
|6.||Jan 10, 2017:||Clean Copper Radio
Art Of Almost
try: 2, 12, 1, 5
*1. (7:17) lengthy and worth it. at the 1 min mark, becomes a dark and trippy groove with an atmospheric backdrop that sounds like plinking water. busy bass, blow-out reverb, great trip-hop effects. gets hypnotic by minute 5, a'splodes in minute 6.
*2. (4:01) classic. stripped down rock, lo-fi and messy, percussive strums, steady and punky kit, whistling harmonica, bashy happy chorus. right up there with "war on war".
3. (3:20) twangy discord. slow high-beam electric via sky blue sky. nutcracker piano, crystal clear bells. damn this would sound good on vinyl.
4. (3:43) warm raw rudder guitar. easy rockish melody. an otherwise great song is marred by the fact that, uh, madonna got to this vocal riff first. feeling shiny and new, guys?
*5. (3:56) fingerpicked acoustic and muted vibey electric. each measure slides into the next. what sounds to be a film projector running in the background. has a doomed, dark and warm folky feel. builds. the build includes strings.
6. (3:55) snap strums and melody-stealing bass. bouncy, easy, fun. almost ride-ish wall-of-sound electric. tweedy's dropshift is purty hilarious.
7. (3:40) slow sparse twang waltz. string-assist country/folk.
8. (4:04) upfront vox, cutesy slow-bopping beat. sounds like, dear god, randy newman. then: whistling, winds (is that a friggin bassoon?), shimmering synth effects. belongs on a kids movie soundtrack. ends with a cluster of church bells.
9. (3:29) loud classic rock guitars, fast rollicky beat. somehow too happy to be real rock-n-roll. also, handclaps. i'm not really sure what they're trying to prove here. fade out.
10. (3:10) slow, thin vox over sparse fingerpicking. nice solo electric later on. the melody sounds a bit too much like #12, and #12 is the better song.
11. (3:50) slightly honky alt-country. breezy and charming.
*12. (12:04) fingerpicked guitar and slow rich piano. great riffs on each. mild-mannered, muted and brushed. melancholy and careful. yes, the song really does go on for twelve minutes. (the opening lyrics warn: "this is how i'll tell it / oh, but it's long." tweedy really does have a great voice.
|1.||Art Of Almost||7.||Open Mind|
|2.||I Might||8.||Capitol City|
|4.||Dawned On Me||10.||Rising Red Lung|
|5.||Black Moon||11.||Whole Love|
|6.||Born Alone||12.||One Sunday Morning|