|Artist:||Yellow Ostrich||Added:||Sep 2011|
|Add Date:||2012-01-29||Pull Date:||2012-04-01|
|Week Ending:||Apr 1||Mar 25||Mar 18||Mar 11||Mar 4||Feb 26||Feb 19||Feb 12|
|1.||Feb 24, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler
|4.||Jul 12, 2013:||Time Traveler
|2.||Sep 20, 2014:||The Fishbowl
|5.||Mar 29, 2013:||Time Traveler
|3.||Jul 12, 2014:||The Fishbowl
|6.||Jan 04, 2013:||Time Traveler
Recently toured with The Antlers and before that Ra Ra Riot.
1. I Think U Are Great (1:21) – Drawn out vocals with sparse instrumentation. A good one for dedicating to a friend!
2. **WHALE (3:43) – Starts out with head bobbin “oh ohhs.” Song about wanting to hang out with a whale! Fun and sweet.
3. Hate Me Soon(1:57) – Starts out slightly whiny, if you are into that kind of thing. Then picks up the pace a bit and ends with a White Stripes-ish sound.
4. *Hold On (2:59) – Another one that starts with some “ohs.” Vocal melody always reminds me of Morning Bender’s “Excuses” for a few seconds. One step away from being lovey-dovey, I’d say.
5. Libraries (4:38) – Starts with vocal layering. Adds a beat that sounds like drumsticks on a chair. About libraries burning…
6. **Hahahaohhoho (2:51) – Starts out with lyrics that are the title, which continue as the actual song lyrics come in over. A drumset comes in! Makes me want to do some twitchy dance moves. I like this one.
7. I’ll Run (3:03)– Slowish. Softer strumming sounds and tambourine. More of a standard song than most of the others.
8. *Campaign (3:02) – Yet another “oh oh oh” starter. This is a catchy one. Bouncier and more full then some of the other songs on the album.
9. **Mary (4:28)– My favorite! Starts slow (with “ohhhs” of course). Poignant. “Mary, you are doing drugs. Don’t you think we know? You always seemed a little too happy, Mary, Marrryyy.” Probably the weirdest song on the album. See #13 for slightly less weird version of it.
10. Slow Paddle (2:28)–I dare you to guess how it starts. Gets quiet (not silent) after about a minute, which lasts almost 20 seconds, and then sweet story-telling vocals come in (with very quiet instrumental backing).
11. *Bread (5:24)– A nice, sweet love song. Builds up somewhere near the middle into more of an indie-rock sound.
12. Fog (4:14) – Slow, dramatic.
13. Mary (alternate) (4:05) – Pretty much #9 but more cheerful with a steady tambourine beat throughout, and more of a chorus effect on my favorite part (the lyrics I mentioned in the description above). Depending on what kind of set you are going for, I would definitely consider playing this version instead.
|1.||I Think U Are Great||7.||I'll Run|
|3.||Hate Me Soon||9.||Mary|
|4.||Hold On||10.||Slow Paddle|
|13.||Mary (Alternate Version)|