|Album:||Shake Up The Place||Collection:||Reggae|
|Artist:||10 Ft. Ganja Plant||Added:||Sep 2011|
|Add Date:||2011-09-18||Pull Date:||2011-11-20||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Nov 20||Nov 6||Oct 30||Oct 23||Oct 2||Sep 25|
|1.||Aug 15, 2012:||brownian entropy
|4.||Nov 12, 2011:||Frequency Jam
|2.||Feb 17, 2012:||Urban Innercity Experience
Recession Feat. Prince Jazzbo
|5.||Nov 03, 2011:||Happy Hour
Shake Up The Place
|3.||Nov 19, 2011:||Music Casserole
|6.||Oct 29, 2011:||Frequency Jam
Reviewed by Sadie O, 9/15/11
Excellent Roots Rock Reggae from upstate New York (with guest vocals by Sylford Walker and Prince Jazzbo.) 10 Ft. Ganja Plant always delivers the goods. Extremely competent musicians, totally not overly or commercially produced. Sweet!
1. 3:45 ***slow one-drop bubble, classic roots-style (stoned sounding) vocals, a bit dubby.
2. 4:21 ****slow instrumental dub skank with horn section. Relaxed and just nice.
3. 4:32 ***jaunty, perky, bunny-like hippity hoppity midtempo bubble. Sounds just like prime-era Bob Marley and the Wailers.
4. 4:33 ****uptempo stepping razor skank, instrumental, a bit boppy, nice trumpet.
5. 3:43 ***relaxed roots bubble with a smidge of dub, rootsy toast, just a bit off-kilter.
6. 3:27 ***downtempo dub bubble, great guest vocals – very “Golden Age of Reggae” sound.
7. 3:17 ***somewhat downtempo dub bubble, cool vocals and chorus by the band. Gets totally dubbed up at end.
8. 3:34 ***slow, somewhat dubby skank – rather ironic tempo contrast with lyrics.
9. 4:06 ***bit of random sounds at start, downtempo one-drop comes in after half a minute, swingy dub instrumental. Dubs itself to pieces midway through, but picks itself up again.
10. 4:24 ****toasted intro, then upbeat midtempo bubble, nice nonsense economics toast. It’s a relief to know that Rasta nah gwan friend dem rotten Babylonian.
|1.||My Roots Feat. Sylford Walker||6.||Hard Times Feat. Sylford Walker|
|3.||Shake Up The Place||8.||Rush Me|
|5.||Africa Feat. Prince Jazzbo||10.||Recession Feat. Prince Jazzbo|