|Artist:||Sun Araw||Added:||Sep 2011|
|Add Date:||2011-09-25||Pull Date:||2011-11-27|
|Week Ending:||Nov 27||Nov 20||Nov 13||Nov 6||Oct 30||Oct 23||Oct 16||Oct 9|
|1.||Jul 13, 2017:||Neural facilitation
|4.||Apr 09, 2013:||Home Free
|2.||Feb 06, 2016:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
|5.||Aug 08, 2012:||extended maximum entropy
Fit For Caesar
|3.||Aug 22, 2013:||maximum entropy
|6.||Jan 10, 2012:||YOUTH DEMOGRAPHIC RADIO: 2011 YEAR IN REVIEW
And don’t let the long song lengths intimidate you—fortune favors the brave. FCC CLEAN
RIYL: Pocahaunted, Magic Lantern, (he’s in both groups) Dylan Ettinger, Peaking Lights, Inca Ore
1. (9:07) Effulgent organy keyboard riffs, zany distorted xylophone. Blown-out speakers and punished guitars spewing out a heap of static. It’s on now!
2. (9:54) Spiraling guitar effects and a gentle midtempo rhythmic pulse. Slowly builds momentum.
3. (9:30) Puts percussion at the forefront—lots of bells, triangles, etc. Vocals that seem surprisingly crisp. Lots of textures that will be familiar to anyone who listened to On Patrol. Gets exponentially trippier at about the 7 minute mark with squishy swimming synth and staccato guitar scratching.
4. (7:02) Slow intro: thudding drums and gentle guitars. Slowly builds up, but doesn’t quite take off like the others do.
5. (11:07) Mystical and powerful. Tape loop manipulation, sizzling guitar, all done with a runic palette.
6. (10:35) Slow drifting, punchy drums. The occasional bongo. Really picks up at the four minute mark. Excellent vocals and lots of jazzy saxophone to boot.
7. (6:39) Loose wah-wah pedal guitar, squeals of noise, the same insistent bongos employed as before. Super sci-fi trippy Magnetron ish.
8. (15:35) Heavy on the electronic side, almost danceable. Great disorienting layers: tropical keyboard, perky guitars, rubbery deep-space alien hatchery foundsound samples.
|2.||Crown Shell||6.||Fit For Caesar|
|4.||Lute And Lyre||8.||Impluvium|