|Fuchs, Dana / Love To Beg|
|Album:||Love To Beg||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Fuchs, Dana||Added:||Aug 2011|
|Add Date:||2011-08-28||Pull Date:||2011-10-30|
|Week Ending:||Sep 11||Sep 4|
|1.||Nov 23, 2015:||In the Pocket |
|3.||Sep 02, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
Nothing's What I Cry For
|2.||Sep 06, 2011:||feelin' the music |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
She’s got a rockin’ voice. It’s bluesy. It’s country. It’s rock ‘n’ roll. She’s Dana Fuchs and her band’s got lots of energy and they’re tight. It’s Fuchs’ second album and features instrumentation of guitar, bass, drums, harmonica, organ. Sounds like Janis Joplin, Bonnie Raitt, Lucinda Williams. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 2, 6, 8, 9, 10, 13.
1. (4:22) Mid. Rockin’ with a hint of country somewhere in there. Strong vocals, mean harmonica.
2. *(3:22) Mid / Fast. Brief percussion intro. Driving, a bit sparse, but with lots of energy.
3. (4:09) Mid. Guitar showcase, tambourine strikes, vocal effects.
4. (3:54) Slow / Mid. Acoustic guitar, airy and sparse ballad.
5. (3:37) Mid. Country-rocker, background vocals, guitar leads, propelling drumbeat, organ.
6. *(2:21) Mid / Fast. Upbeat, driving, cool guitar. Rock ‘n’ roll. Killer.
7. (3:22) Slow / Mid. Sparse with organ, quiet drumbeat, guitar, bass and background vocals.
8. *(4:48) Mid. Bluesy guitar, cool beat, killer blues harmonica.
9. *(3:57) Mid. Great background vocals, horns, drumming. Really nice.
10. *(3:56) Mid / Fast. Wailing guitar, heavy drumming. Rockin’ and killer.
11. (3;34) Slow / Mid. Ballad with horns, organ, rimshots. Great vocal performance, especially at the end.
12. (4:29) Mid. Almost a heavy metal sound, like maybe early Sabbath?? and a bit of ’80’s rock sound as well. Lots of stuff going on here. Guitar, drum heavy.
13. *(5:02) Mid. Bluesy, plodding beat, cool guitar, harmonica. Ends with a bluesy sermon.
|1.||Love To Beg||7.||Keep On Rollin'|
|2.||Nothing's What I Cry For||8.||Drive|
|5.||Set It On Fire||11.||I've Been Loving You Too Long|
|6.||Faster Than We Can||12.||What You See|