|War On Drugs, The / Slave Ambient|
|Artist:||War On Drugs, The||Added:||Jul 2011|
|Add Date:||2011-10-09||Pull Date:||2011-12-11|
|Week Ending:||Dec 11||Dec 4||Nov 27||Nov 20||Nov 13||Nov 6||Oct 30||Oct 23|
|1.||May 03, 2018:||The Flannel Underground |
I Was There
|4.||Feb 20, 2016:||Narnia |
|2.||Feb 25, 2017:||Reckless Burning |
Your Love Is Calling My Name / The Animator
|5.||Feb 11, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
Your Love Is Calling My Name
|3.||Mar 17, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
I Was There
|6.||Dec 12, 2015:||Narnia |
The Animator, Your Love Is Calling My Name
The War on Drugs: Slave Ambient: Almost acoustic alt rock. Vocals sound a bit like Bob Dylan, with their slightly lackadaisical sound. Really musically rich, and a good fit for any indie, rock, or eclectic shows! FCC clean. Try 1, 4&5&6 (play in tandem), 9, 11|
1) Steady guitar strumming and slightly echo-y vocals, with a long instrumental outro.
2) Almost-spoken vocals, with cheery instrument bits.
3) Kind of low-key honky-tonk, with harmonica and piano.
4) Catchy and repetitive guitar, with back ground synths and longing vocals. Fades nicely with track 5.
5) Instrumental interlude, with layers of slow, ambient synths. Gorgeous.
6) Rich synth background, triumphant-sounding vocals.
7) 30-second ambient synth transition track.
8) Slower, calming track, with repetitive synth arpeggios.
9) Instrumental version of track 6. Very soothing.
10) Arcade Fire feel to this track, with faster drums, a multitude of instruments, and full vocals.
11) Instrumental track, with harmonica, electric guitar, and lots of background sound.
12) Strummed acoustic guitar, kind of repetitive.
|1.||Best Night||7.||Come For It|
|2.||Brothers||8.||It's Your Destiny|
|3.||I Was There||9.||City Reprise #12|
|4.||Your Love Is Calling My Name||10.||Baby Missiles|
|5.||The Animator||11.||Original Slave|
|6.||Come To The City||12.||Black Water Falls|