|Album:||Don't Blame The Stars||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Black Swans, The||Added:||Jun 2011|
|Add Date:||2011-10-30||Pull Date:||2012-01-01|
|Week Ending:||Jan 1||Dec 18||Dec 4||Nov 27||Nov 13||Nov 6|
|1.||Dec 29, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
|4.||Nov 27, 2011:||Everything.
|2.||Dec 16, 2011:||Kitty Cat
|5.||Nov 26, 2011:||Music Casserole
|3.||Dec 15, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
|6.||Nov 24, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
*My Favorites*: 1, 3, 7, 8, 12, 15.
1. *(1:52) Slow / Mid. Beautiful, mournful violin fronting a mellow, moodful, contemplative piece.
2. (0:20) Spoken intro to #3 about r&b singers, Joe Tex in particular.
3. *(4:06) Mid. Folky, country flair with great organ and an easy plodding drumbeat. Very nicely done. Paying tribute to Joe Tex.
4. (3:01) Slow / Mid. FCC.
5. (0:37) Tongue-in-cheek spoken dialogue about TV shows and himself.
6. (4:18) Mid. Upbeat with bright violin, congas, shakers, guitar.
7. *(2:37) Slow / Mid. Hollow harmonica intro. Ballad-type song about the speaker’s brother. Great atmosphere with the violin and acoustic guitar.
8. *(3:21) Mid. Rain and thunder intro, then upbeat driver with tambourine strikes, crunchy guitar, great violin and organ. Killer and with a great title. Yeah.
9. (0:23) Spoken about a trip to the doctor, rolling right in to next song. Best played back-to-back.
10. (5:30) Slow. Pick up from previous spoken piece. Mournful violin, slow, sparse drumbeat. Song about medicine. Pretty heavy stuff.
11. (0:33) Funny, heavy spoken piece about an encounter with a woman and a worry stone and his ensuing relationship with anther woman and what he did with the worry stone. Best back-to-back with next song.
12. *(2:37) Mid. Pick up from previous spoken piece. Harmonica, sparse plodding beat with tambourine strikes. Song about the worry stone with underwater gurgling. Just great.
13. (4:59) Mid. Country flair, easy going beat, heavenly violin. Nice.
14. (0:21) Funny spoken intro to next song.
15. *(3:21) Slow. Reverb organ, drawn-out violin. Beautiful.
|1.||Boo Hoo||5.||I Forgot To Change The Windshield Wipers In My Mind|
|2.||Don't Blame The Stars||6.||Mean Medicine|
|3.||Sunshine Street||7.||Worry Stone|
|4.||My Brother||8.||Blue Bayou|