|Ghost Tower / Curse Of The Black Blood|
|Album:||Curse Of The Black Blood||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Ghost Tower||Added:||Mar 2011|
|Label:||Evil Coven Records|
|Add Date:||2011-04-03||Pull Date:||2011-06-05||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Jun 5||May 8||Apr 24||Apr 17||Apr 10|
|1.||Sep 27, 2011:||Midnight Manslaughter |
|4.||May 07, 2011:||Overkill Radio: A Dangerous Meeting |
|2.||Jun 05, 2011:||Poetry in Parlando |
My Dear Killer, Sacrifice
|5.||Apr 18, 2011:||Diego does his homework |
|3.||Jun 04, 2011:||Overkill Radio: Farewell for now, bubble! |
Blood Of The Black Witch
|6.||Apr 14, 2011:||Lost Verses |
Truly haunting, old-school evil metal crops up in unexpected places. This time it's hailing from Nebraska, and damn, I must say I'm impressed with the results. Down to earth, raw, traditional morbidity is prevalent in the sound, which really seems to be portraying witchcraft and demon-worship as faithfully as metal can. Ghost Tower bring us one hell of a soundtrack to a secluded witch ritual in the nighttime--perfect for the deep dark woods under a full moon. That means you hear a reliable, genuine, heartfelt originality as well as properly dark evocations of King Diamond, Sabbath, Death SS, 'Fate, and damn near every other band that managed to sound so dang evil. (Comparisons will be inevitably drawn to Devil's Blood, but aside from the gender and creepiness of the vocals, there is no similarity.) Thrashy bits, doom bits, harmonizing riffs, and hell, even some epic aspects: there's something in here for just about everyone. Crank this up, praise Satan, and throw up the horns!|
1. Eerie, haunted-sounding intro.
2. Doomy and dark as well as Fate-y and thrashy.
3. Thrashy and trad. metal as well as a fantastic, epic bridge a la Maiden or Manilla Road. (HIGHLIGHT)
4. Lush melodic intro followed by headbangin' heaviness.
5. An instrumental full to the brim with evil riffs, guitar harmonies, and absolutely killer solos!
6. Dark, evil, thrashin' madness! (HIGHLIGHT)
7. A killer combination of menacing thrash and epic harmonizing traditional metal.
8. A sickening assault of riffs with pummeling bass and beastly guitarwork; sweet!
9. A creepy outro with guitar picking, evil whispering, wind and tolling bells.
|1.||The Offering||5.||Midnight Epiphany|
|2.||Blood Of The Black Witch||6.||My Dear Killer|
|3.||Sacrifice||7.||Fate Of Bedlam|
|4.||Red Harvest||8.||Atrocity's Tomb|
|9.||Whispers From Beyond|