|Add Date:||2011-05-01||Pull Date:||2011-07-03||Charts:||Hip-Hop|
|Week Ending:||Jul 3||Jun 26||Jun 12||Jun 5||May 29||May 22||May 15||May 8|
|1.||Aug 04, 2021:||Draupadi's Half-Hidden Garden
All Bad (Cuts By Dj Romes)
|4.||Aug 09, 2011:||The Conscious Soul
Standing In The Shadows
|2.||Dec 10, 2014:||Monkey Barrier
Gutter Water Ft. Raekwon
|5.||Aug 02, 2011:||The conscious Soul
Standing In The Shadows
|3.||Jul 04, 2013:||The Doldrummer
Chain Swinging (Cuts By Dj Romes)
|6.||Jul 12, 2011:||The Conscious Soul
Standing In The Shadows, Take Drugs
1. Intro track—collage of sound effects and spoken word samples centering on the albums theme of flooding.
2. FCC (shit) Smoking blunts and braggadocio. Awesome production by Oh No—sampled orchestra samples from old Filmi Movies. Great guest turntablism by DJ Romes.
3. Mystifying production—lots of tinkling piano arpeggios with swelling waves of synthesizer. Lyrics about getting high—“let your mind exit your body and drift.” Great stuff.
4. Raekwon in the house. That should be enough for you to play it right there. Great flow and awesome grimy production: swinging 80’s romance soundtracks with lots of sinister samples.
5. Planet Asia providing a ruthless set of gangster rhymes over Oh No’s mellow beats. 35-second sound outro of sound effect collage
6. A 20-second intro sound sample taken from the YouTube-famous weed brownie overdose video. Lyrics all about…drugs. Crazy and psychedelic. Hard hitting beats. 1-minute outro with lots of samples taken from 1950’s doctor movies.
7. Great jittery piano and Eastern instrumentation in the background. Some nice cutting turntablism and gnarly lyrics.
8. Hard hitting beat with really interesting back and forth panning effects. Fashawn and Evidence both throw down quality parts.
9. Stuttering Oh No beat with a nice vintage feel—staticy with a deep sinister piano riff only he could dig up. Tough lyrics and a 50 second outro about violence and anxiety—great stuff.
10. FCC (fuck once at 0:11 you might as well fade it since the song’s so good…) You knew MED was going to turn up sooner or later. Here he is, spitting ruthless horrorcore over a stuttering piano riff.
11. FCC (fuck in last 22 sec) Not Roc. C’s best lyrics, but still solid. A nice violin sample in that background that sounds like something out of “The Village” soundtrack.
12. Loud boom-bap in your face. Great boisterous and energetic.
13.Swirling, psychedelic beat. A touching narrative about domestic violence.
14. FCC (fuck) Gritty, dark and violent. Guilty Simpson guest vocals.
15. FCC (fuck) Life lessons, introspective. Nice jaunty piano riff with dense layers of horns and percussion.