|Album:||New York Tropical||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Dec 2010|
|Add Date:||2011-01-09||Pull Date:||2011-03-13||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Mar 13||Mar 6||Feb 27||Feb 20||Feb 6||Jan 30||Jan 23||Jan 16|
|1.||Mar 24, 2016:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants!
El Baile De La Cumbia
|4.||Mar 03, 2011:||Orangeasm - Mooseport
The Undertow (Instrumental)
|2.||Apr 28, 2013:||The Crooked Spoke Adjacent
La Minga (Sonora Remix)
|5.||Mar 02, 2011:||Panorama Barbeque
Elegy For Mr Peach (Rupture Mix)
|3.||Mar 06, 2011:||Youth Demographic Radio
|6.||Feb 26, 2011:||New World Disorder
El Baile De La Cumbia
*1. A slowed-down cumbia beat with heavy electronic elements. Banging.
2. Mid-tempo techno that slowly builds to a climax. Lots of warm-sounding flanger and bit of glitch techno. All lyrics (sampled) are in Spanish.
3. Uptempo electronica with heavy tropical elements. Not super upbeat and cheery like most tropical but definitely danceable with lots of quick stutterstep percussion.
4. A super-upbeat cumbia beat with lots of tinkly sped-up electronic elements straight out of some sort of Swishahouse southern rap mixtape. An intriguing combination that definitely works.
*5. Hard-hitting electronic bass with lots of Indian instrumentation and percussion.
6. Glitchy electro with lots of short spazzy samples and some excellent Chinese percussion.
*7. Deep grinding techno that sounds like a lot of the stuff going down in LA’s “lazer bass” scene (Alpha Pup Records, Brainfeeder, the Low End Theory Parties, etc.) Lots of awesome Latin percussion and small electronic samples. Bump and Grinddddddddddddd.
*8. Funky electronic with lots of echoey seductive female vox samples. A super danceable joint with hot percussion and a fittingly epic orchestra part.
*9. Rio Baile Funk beat from Brazil. Quick and hard hitting with choppy samples and that awesome signature “get wild” sound you just won’t find anywhere else.
10. Slow ambient with subtle distorted guitar samples.
*11. Midtempo tropical dubstep with lots of dancey percussion and seductive female vocals. Awesome!
12. More of that upbeat Baile Funk sound with subltler samples. Lots of keyboard riffs and a few lines of choppy Burial-esque distorted vocals.