|Artist:||Avey Tare||Added:||Nov 2010|
|Add Date:||2010-11-07||Pull Date:||2011-01-09|
|Week Ending:||Jan 9||Jan 2||Dec 19||Dec 12||Dec 5||Nov 28||Nov 21||Nov 14|
|1.||Apr 13, 2016:||The Offbeat Generation
|4.||Jul 13, 2011:||Not That Simple
|2.||Apr 24, 2013:||Gurlz Rule
|5.||May 19, 2011:||A Family Affair
|3.||Dec 11, 2011:||Everything.
|6.||Jan 02, 2011:||FLASHBANG RADIO: THE SHRED SLED
RIYL: Animal Collective, Nosaj Thing, The Knife, Aphex Twin
FCC: Track 1
Try: 3, 9 ,2, 5, 8
1. (FCC) A dark atmosphere leads into a deep, resonating beat with lots of accordion samples and glitch electronics. Heavy, emotional lyrics.
2. A thick, haze of xylophone tinkering, and bright sunny electronics. Like swimming underwater with a magnificent shimmering school of fish.
3. Abstract psych washes coupled with a relentless sparse metallic beat. Excellent.
4. A chilling bubbly drone. All vocals are distorted beyond recognition and are swampy and thick. Creepy as hell and cold as ice.
5. Muddy flanger sounds and a pounding laserbass beat. Confusing and experimental with a complex song structure.
6. A haunting graveyard romp through washes of drone and eerie whispery lyrics. The song ends with a one-minute soundscape of ethereal foundsound collages and stuttering keyboards.
7. A wobbly midtempo bass beat with lots of video game bips and boops complimented by clattered snares. The lyrics are layered and are smeared with an auto-tuned sheen.
8. More underwater-distorted ooze-tube electronic with panicked lyrics. Subtle guitar notes.
9. The lead single. An infectious grinding synth beat with classic Animal Collective layered vocals and smooth lilty keyboard lines. Lots of varied percussion—all sorts of shit is banging around in the background a la STOMP.
|1.||Laughing Hieroglyphic||5.||Ghost Of Books|
|3.||Oliver Twist||7.||Heads Hammock|
|4.||Glass Bottom Boat||8.||Heather In The Hospital|