|Album:||Remember Me Well||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Red June||Added:||Oct 2010|
|Label:||Red June Records|
|Add Date:||2011-04-03||Pull Date:||2011-06-05|
|Week Ending:||Jun 5||May 8||May 1||Apr 24|
|1.||Jun 03, 2011:||Death Control
Biscuits & Honey
|3.||Apr 29, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
San Juan Hill
|2.||May 05, 2011:||Daydream Disaster
Run Boy Run
|4.||Apr 20, 2011:||The Donner Party
--All Tracks are FCC CLEAN--
Red June is a coming together of three exceptionally talented Asheville, North Carolina-area musicians creating the Country/Acoustic/Americana band. “Remember me well is their debut release and it leads listeners through a raw, emotional journey, highlighted by the band's thoughtful and innovative songwriting, heartfelt vocals, exciting and tasteful instrumental work and soaring harmonies.
1. “Biscuits & Honey” is a rock-influenced number and the singing is reminiscent of Paul Simon and lyrics speak of a personal journey of regret.
2. “A Quiet Mind” an introspective piece introducing Red June's signature three part harmonies.
3. “McKinney Blues” is wonderfully dark and soulful, showcasing a commanding steel guitar playing.
4. “Callahan” a bouncy instrumental written by bluegrass great, Jim Shumate, which has a great fiddle showcase.
5. “Home Is A Railroad” is a spacious country Americana tune.
6. “Run Boy Run” is a standout track and a wildly popular Dylan tribute.
7. “Run Around” is a raucous blues number.
8. “Comes A Time” is a great inspirational version of the Neil Young song.
9. “Phoenix” is a brilliantly penned tune with a soft mood.
10. “San Juan Hill” is a fiery mandolin number.
11. “Come Patience” is a sweet song with a touching lament that reminds you of being in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
My picks: 1, 6, 11 Ramzi Salti
|1.||Biscuits & Honey||6.||Run Boy Run|
|2.||A Quiet Mind||7.||Run Around|
|3.||Mckinney Blues||8.||Comes A Time|
|5.||Home Is A Railroad||10.||San Juan Hill|