|Album:||Rolling On The Floor Laughing Out Loud||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Audio Dregs Records|
|Add Date:||2011-01-09||Pull Date:||2011-03-13||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Mar 6||Feb 27||Feb 20||Feb 6||Jan 30||Jan 23||Jan 16|
|1.||Mar 02, 2011:||Panorama Barbeque
Ghost Forest Night Rave
|4.||Feb 19, 2011:||Aural Surgery: Special Edition
Make It Happen
|2.||Feb 27, 2011:||The Donner Party
Don't Worry (Stress Mix Excerpt)
|5.||Feb 16, 2011:||Dolores Park Posh Hipster Garbage
|3.||Feb 23, 2011:||Panorama Barbeque
Make It Happen
|6.||Feb 13, 2011:||Late Train to Kyuushuu
RIYL: Dam Funk, Aphex Twin remixing Ratatat with the PacMan soundtrack, 80’s electro
1. A dramatic, mysterious intro leads into a bouncy slamming beat that gets pretty funky towards the end.
2. A promising start with a super-upbeat suspenseful intro, but it never really goes anywhere.
3. Very video-gamey, lots of beepy keyboard and nice reverb-laced fuzzy synth lines.
*4. Sounds like something off of Aphex Twin’s Richard D. James album. Awesome grinding beat peppered with layered 8-bits and ringing phone samples. Complex and varied.
5. Darker and with tons of flanger effects. Lots of Roland distortion, and obvious acid-house influence. Holla if you feel me!
6. Another super-upbeat video-gamey song. Squishy-sounding drums with lots of super-sunny keyboard lines. If you’re into retro video games, this is your go-to song on the album.
7. A slow intro leads into a dreamy, ambient lull. 8-bit ambient? Yes, anything is possible. Picks up nicely in the end with some jivey beats.
8. 8-bit with lots of drum and bass elements.
*9. Hard slamming electro beats with awesome fuzzy electronica and priceless keyboard jams. Super upbeat and catchy. My *favorite* pick from the album.
*10. A beautiful cascading casio riff with lots of groove. Awesome track that would be popular on any 80’s dance floor.
*11. Hard-hitting electronica with the gain all the way up. Nice and complex with lots of layering and varied textures.
12. Chirpy 8-bit with a hammering gritty beat near the end.
*13. A lighthearted, sparkly electronic cover of “Don’t Worry (Be Happy).” Lots of handclaps.
*14. Super anthemic with steady bass, catchy riffs, etc.
15. Choppy and bassy with lots of glitch influence.
16. Stuttering with tons of layering and bright accents.
*17. Hard-hitting bassline with lots of energy and sparse vocal samples.
18. 8-second electronic major scale.
19. Hard and distorted with lots of fuzzed out vocals. (LIVE)
*20. Metallic pounding beats with great twisted distorted fuzzed out vox. Lots of varied dancey beats. (LIVE)
21. Sparse reverb-drenched beats and distorted lyrics. (LIVE)
*22. DnB rhythm with lots of beeps and boops and a warbly bassline.
*23. A frantic roller-coaster of blended video game beats and fast forwarded electronic samples. And lots of static. Gnarly! (LIVE)
*24. Awesome short sunny, cheerful beat with lots of laidback vibes and a bouncy rhythm.