|Album:||Raags To Riches||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2010-09-26||Pull Date:||2010-11-28||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Nov 28||Nov 21||Nov 14||Nov 7||Oct 31||Oct 24||Oct 17||Oct 3|
|1.||Dec 13, 2016:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood
Meri Jaan, Yun Hi Chala/Stay
|4.||Mar 03, 2015:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood
Aadu Teri Nazar
|2.||Dec 01, 2015:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood
Nachina Tere Naal, Yun Hi Chala/Stay
|5.||Jan 27, 2015:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood
|3.||Aug 11, 2015:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood
Aadu Teri Nazar
|6.||Nov 05, 2013:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood
Yun Hi Chala/Stay
What happens when you mix up barber shop quartet style of singing with South Asian music? You get Raagapella. Formed in 2002 Raagapella is Stanford’s acapella group that sings an arrangement of South Asian (inluding Bollywood) music, including tracks by Jay Sean & R Kelly.
The songs are sung in a mixture of Hindi, Punjabi and English.
All the songs are hummable.
Try 1,2,3,6,7,8,11 and 12.
1. Yun Hi Challa (3.52) Upbeat, melodic tune with a catchy refrain.
2. Stay (2.47) Based on Jay Sean’s song. Upbeat.
3. Meri Jaan (2.45) Lively, catchy tune.
4. Nachna Tere Naal (2.44) Watch for the bhangra undertones. Upbeat.
5. Tu Aashiqui Hai (4.19) Slow.
6. Oh! Carol (4.14) Lovely 1950s style of music based on the original Neil Sadaka song. The Carol in his song was Carole King, his classmate.
7. Jaadu Teri Nazar (3.13) Slow, where the background singing adds a nice lilt to the track.
8. Motel (3.03) Nice R&B sound based on a song by the same title by R. Kelly.
9. Woh Pehli Bar (4.05) Slow, romantic song.
10. Sukiyak (2.49) Slow but fun song.
11. Chak De (3.22) Upbeat & catchy
12. Vande Mataram (5.14) Based on the original song by AR Rahman. Slow & melodic number sung in rounds that highlights the vocal range of the group.
|1.||Yun Hi Chala/Stay||7.||Aadu Teri Nazar|
|3.||Ruk Ja||9.||Woh Pehli Baar/Dil Kya Kare|
|4.||Nachina Tere Naal||10.||Sukiyaki|
|5.||Tu Aashiqhi Hai||11.||Chak De/This Love|
|6.||Oh Carol||12.||Vande Mataram|