|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Sep 2010|
|Add Date:||2010-09-26||Pull Date:||2010-11-28||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Nov 14||Nov 7||Oct 24||Oct 17||Oct 3|
|1.||Dec 27, 2016:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood
Ali Maula Remix
|4.||Jul 28, 2015:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood
|2.||Mar 22, 2016:||It's Boollywood, It's Hollywood
|5.||Sep 23, 2014:||Its Bollywood, Its Hollywood
|3.||Sep 29, 2015:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood
|6.||Feb 18, 2014:||It's Bollywood, It's Hollywood
A typical Bollywood or Hindi film has about 5-6 songs & Kurbaaan is no exception. Shot extensively in New York, the film stars Saif Khan & Kareena Kapoor. Music is
by Salim-Sulaiman (brothers), who also composed a song for the 2010 World Soccer Cup in South Africa.The songs from Kurbaan display a strong influence from the
sufi/quawali tradition (think Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan) of music combined with modern popular music from the west.
Try 1,2, 4,and 6.
1. Shukran Allah: Bold, catchy & hauntingly beautiful melody sung by Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghosal & Salim Merchant.
2. DUA: Catchy.Fusion of Sufi/quawali with western popular music. Strong powerful male vocals from Sukhwinder Singh & Kailash Kher. Marianne D’Cruz is the one singing the English refrain in the track.
3. Ali Maula: Sung by Salim Merchant (one of the music composers) the song has strong spiritual overtones.
4. Rasiya: Sung by Shruti Pathak the track combines elements of Indian classical music with western music. Slow moving.
5. Kurbaan Hua: Sung by Vishal Dadlani listen for the rock music influence. Think hard and soft rock music sung in Hindi.
6. Ali Maula Remix: Catchy, dancey electronic music. Sung by Salim Merchant this a club remix of track #3.