|Album:||Hot Off The Press||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-03-06||Pull Date:||2011-05-08|
|Week Ending:||May 8||May 1||Apr 24||Apr 17||Apr 10||Apr 3||Mar 27||Mar 20|
|1.||May 06, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
|4.||May 02, 2011:||Your Alibi
|2.||May 05, 2011:||Lost Verses
|5.||Apr 29, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
New York City
|3.||May 05, 2011:||A Family Affair
One Night Stand
|6.||Apr 28, 2011:||Daydream Disaster
One Night Stand
*My Favorites*: 2, 5, 6, 8, 10.
1. (3:02) A recording of someone turning the dial on the radio.
2. *(3:10) Mid. Latin flavorings, psyche stylings, a bit of a mashup. Cool drum solo, backing vocals. Catchy.
3. (2:43) Slow / Mid. Doo-woppy, psychedelic. Soulful.
4. (2:33) Mid. Beach Boys reference, and B.B. sounding under the rock.
5. *(4:03) Mid. More of a beach sound than #4. Ocean sounding. Psyche, folk, dreamy pedal steel guitar. Nice melodies. Seagulls chirping at the end.
6. *(3:01) Mid. Really folksy, backing vocals. Driving, cool bass line. Great pedal steel breaks.
7. (3:40) Slow / Mid. Ethereal, spacey, song about the outdoors. Poppy, indie sound.
8. *(2:12) Mid / Fast. Bluesy, almost Blues Brothers-style. Driving, rocking. Great keys, guitar. Really tight band.
9. (3;13) Mid. Rocking song, wailing guitar, kickin’ drums.
10. *(8:46) Slow / Mid / Fast. Sparse, percussion strong. Dreamy, spacey. Change with 6:35 remaining, gets upbeat and jammy with cool bass and keys. Gets really fast and improvisational. Last 1:35 revisits slow, dreamy start.
11. (1:06) Fast. Radio spot bed, rocking and funky.
12. (4:57) Mid. Different version of #5. A bit less polished. Has that same dreamy, surfy sound.