|Del Mars, The / Surf Monkey|
|Artist:||Del Mars, The||Added:||Aug 2010|
|Label:||(No Label Information)|
|Add Date:||2010-10-10||Pull Date:||2010-12-12|
|Week Ending:||Dec 5||Nov 21||Nov 14||Oct 31||Oct 24|
|1.||Dec 13, 2015:||Breakaway Bluff |
Surf Ballroom '59
|4.||Dec 03, 2010:||The Songsmith Show |
Party Wave, The Sirens Sing Apache, Go! Retrograde
|2.||Sep 04, 2013:||Beach Blanket Bingo |
|5.||Nov 19, 2010:||The Knife |
|3.||Sep 09, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|6.||Nov 19, 2010:||The Songsmith Show |
Little Dude With A 'tude
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
The Del Mars are a surf band here in the Bay Area and, as it says in the one-sheet, this may be their only album ever. They are quite self-deprecating in the one-sheet (quite funny stuff). Most of the tunes are instrumentals and has that Dick Dale, Hawaii Five-O sound. Lots of nice sax and guitar playing. A few decent tracks here. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 5, 6, 8.
1. (2:57) Mid. Cool, easy beat, horns, background female vocals, phone rings. sax solo.
2. (3:23) Mid. Bass, claps intro. Has that classic surf sounding riff, trumpet solo, drum solo. Instrumental.
3. (2:57) MId. Drums, guitar intro w/ guitar lead. Sax solo. Instrumental.
4. (3:12) Mid. Chuck Berry-esque intro. About, what else? surfing. Seems a bit quicker tempo would have worked better.
5. *(3:01) Mid / Fast. Guitar / sax lead intro. Cool guitar runs. Cool sax solos. Instrumental.
6. *(2:46) Slow / Mid. Flamenco with castanets. Really suave. Instrumental.
7. (0:58) Slow. Recorder (?) or flute (?) intro. Spoken vocal with Chinese-style bells.
8. *(3:53) Slow / Mid. Easy guitar, drum parts with female background vocals. Cool sax solo, reminiscent of Morphine.
9. (3:17) Mid / Fast. Guitar, drum, sax prominent. Great sax solos. Instrumental.
10. (2:22) Mid / Fast. Similar instrumentation and solos to #9. Instrumental.
11. (4:12) Mid. Western flair with a surf sound background. Instrumental.
12. (3:16) (Hidden Track) Mid. Mysterious, Ennio Morricone sound. Female choral singing the melody - instrumental otherwise.
|1.||Surf Monkey||6.||Playa Con Dios|
|2.||Party Wave||7.||Little Dude With A 'tude|
|4.||Six-Foot Stick||9.||Mr. Moto|
|5.||Go! Retrograde||10.||Surf Ballroom '59|
|11.||The Sirens Sing Apache|