|Artist:||Red Asphalt||Added:||Aug 2010|
|Label:||(No Label Information)|
|Add Date:||2011-03-20||Pull Date:||2011-05-22|
|Week Ending:||May 22||May 15||Apr 24||Apr 17||Apr 10||Apr 3|
|1.||Dec 12, 2013:||The Songsmith Show
|4.||Mar 22, 2012:||The Songsmith Show
Tuba's Doing Fine
|2.||Aug 09, 2013:||The Songsmith Show
|5.||Mar 15, 2012:||The Songsmith Show
|3.||Dec 20, 2012:||The Penultimate Show
Edgar Varese's Flute
|6.||Dec 29, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
*My Favorites*: 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10.
1. (2:48) Mid. Strings, keys, percussion and wailing guitar present an epic aural experience. Upbeat, ominous, exhilarating.
2. (2:19) Mid. Great vocal, processed a bit, but up-front and funny sounding. Music has an ’80’s feel to it with the keys and drum beat.
3. *(3:04) Mid. Operatic, Malcolm McLaren-like. Hilarious lyrics.
4. *(3:18) Mid. Spoken vocal intro. Lyrics about a tuba, quite funny. Dick Panthers influence for sure. Dance to it or laugh at it, great stuff.
5. (3:39) Slow / Mid. Really has that ’80’s keyboard vibe going on. 10 seconds of silence at end.
6. (2:26) Mid. Trippy cinematic sound, maybe a bit of a Chinese sound, drum machine, echoey vocals.
7. *(2:52) Mid. Plodding beat, heavy electronic sounds. Song about a violin man, lyrics completely corny and comedic.
8. *(4:10) Slow. Self-referential lyrics. It’s got that Tom Waits ‘9th & Hennepin’ thing going on. As the singer says this song is a ‘rehearsal’. Killer stuff.
9. *(3:37) Mid / Fast. Heavy metal, dance, what the hell is this?? A bit of Oingo Boingo. Kicks ass.
10. *(2:24) Mid. Female vocal - or some weirded-out processed male vocal?? Lots of percussion, keys. ‘He’s fat and has a bald head - so I don’t look at him’. What the fuck?? Completely bizarre and beautiful.
11. (2:35) Mid. Steady drum beat, watery bass or keys effect, triangles.
12. (2:42) Mid. Lots of noise behind the lead vocal. Story told by the piano.
|1.||Symphonie Fantastique||7.||Violin Man|
|2.||Great Sex||8.||Extreme Measures|
|3.||I Am A Tenor||9.||Devil Trombones|
|4.||Tuba's Doing Fine||10.||Edgar Varese's Flute|
|5.||In Old Ostinato||11.||Mindy The Triangle Player|