|Artist:||Perfume Genius||Added:||Jul 2010|
|Add Date:||2010-08-08||Pull Date:||2010-10-10|
|Week Ending:||Oct 10||Oct 3||Sep 26||Aug 29||Aug 22||Aug 15|
|1.||May 20, 2015:||Moonlight Impressions
|4.||Mar 08, 2012:||A Family Affair - Solo Style
|2.||Oct 17, 2012:||Meow After Midnight
|5.||Dec 05, 2010:||FLASHBANGRADIO: ZONE OF PROXIMAL DEVELOPMENT
|3.||May 24, 2012:||The Fall of Math
|6.||Oct 03, 2010:||the seductardation upon the velvet blue grass
1. Simple resonating piano riff that becomes more and more haunting with each creepy crooned lyric.
2. Quivering, broken, and emotional lyrics with a gently cascading piano line and a somber horns section.
*3. The most catchy and instantly likable song: hammering piano chords with spacey wistful lyrics about a teacher’s relationship with a student that ultimately ends in suicide. Breathtaking.
4. Nearly-indistinguishably synth-drenched choir-boy vocals with resonating undertones. Perfect for movie credits.
*5. Muffled lyrics and a simple piano line. A short and sweet love ballad on-par with your favorite Sufjan Stevens Seven Swans song.
*6. A nice little ditty about strange relationships with family members and spirituality. Cryptic, with a great tinkle piano solo at the end.
7. Deep, undulating waves of synth and a slow, steady bassline. Pained, distorted lyrics.
8. Slow and very emotional with pained vocals. But the real stars of the track can be found in the gentle interplay of the orchestra and woodwinds. 30 seconds of distorted whispers in the background. A real downer, but in a good way.
*9. A steady marching piano with angelic vocals. Smooth and melodic with a great range of perfect layered intonation.
*10. Deep, stabbing piano lines with delicately layered electronic elements that shimmer like a school of fishes in clear water. Surreal. (Watch for the long fade out in the end…it’s about 35 seconds long.)
|1.||Learning||6.||Write To Your Brother|
|2.||Lookout, Lookout||7.||No Problem|
|5.||You Won't Be Here||10.||Never Did|