|Black Keys, The / Brothers|
|Artist:||Black Keys, The||Added:||Jun 2010|
|Add Date:||2010-09-19||Pull Date:||2010-11-21|
|Week Ending:||Nov 21||Nov 14||Nov 7||Oct 31||Oct 24||Oct 17||Oct 10||Oct 3|
|1.||Nov 25, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler |
Howlin' For You
|4.||Feb 18, 2019:||grapevine |
|2.||Feb 26, 2020:||grapevine |
|5.||Jan 13, 2019:||Radiant Airwaves |
|3.||Jan 24, 2020:||PWR Alto Power Hour |
Howlin' For You
|6.||Oct 10, 2018:||The Library |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Everything you expect from a Black Keys album - that same kind of way-cool, processed vocal and crunchy guitar. Most every song is about love and loss of love, all that relationship stuff. Lots of different influences embedded in these songs, and all quite well done. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 2, 4, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13.
1. (3:24) *Mid. A little dose of Queen, swampy with gospel-like lyrics.
2. (3:18) *Mid. Spacey, distorted guitar, trance blues, echoey vocals.
3. (3:31) Mid. Tambourine intro, pop-ish in places, almost a Franz Ferdinand sound, cool guitar breaks. Weird change with 0:58 left.
4. (3:12) *Mid. Great clap / stomp intro, kind of a ‘na - na - na - na - hey - hey - goodbye’ sound. Killer guitar effects.
5. (3:06) Mid. A bit of Zeppelin, lots of instrumental space in this one.
6. (2:09) Slow / Mid. Crunchy guitar a-la Neil Young, instrumental.
7. (5:00) *Mid. Trippy organ, spacey guitar, mellow vocal delivery. Killer.
8. (3:25) Slow / Mid. That familiar Black Keys vocal effect put through a tunnel, chimes (?), spacey, ethereal.
9. (4:29) *Slow / Mid. The ‘hit’ (?). Very familiar sounding, catchy. Nice guitar solo, nice vocal interlude.
10. (3:44) *Mid / Fast. Almost a ’70’s rock sound at times, simplistic rhythm section set behind an ominous vocal and lyric.
11. (3:37) *Mid. Cool buzzing sound, claps, organ, a bit of Beck (not Jeff, just Beck). Kick ass.
12. (3:49) Slow / Mid. Slow and spacey, drawn out vocal delivery. Cool bass parts.
13. (4:00) *Mid. Beatles-esqe with crunchy guitar, about a lost brother. Quite heartfelt.
14. (3:39) Mid. Great cover of the Jerry Butler / Kenneth Gamble / Leon Huff tune.
15. (5:12) Slow / Mid. Relaxed instrumentation and vocal delivery.