|Album:||Good Day Better||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-01-30||Pull Date:||2011-04-03|
|Week Ending:||Apr 3||Mar 27||Mar 20||Mar 13||Mar 6||Feb 27||Feb 20||Feb 13|
|1.||Feb 16, 2020:||Alphabet Soup
Who Carried You
|4.||Apr 03, 2011:||Nick&Noah@Night
|2.||Jun 24, 2011:||Of Sound Mind
|5.||Apr 01, 2011:||Time Traveler
|3.||Jun 03, 2011:||The DJ Never Has It
All My Money On You
|6.||Mar 31, 2011:||The Independent Mind
try: 8, 1, 5, 3
*1. swaying held 'la's over joyous harmonica and feel-good strumming. sounds like maps & atlases. "fall in love with anyone", etc.
2. midtempo twang pop. piano and shakers. "every light turns green as i roll down her street." classicky 'big chord' moves at the end of the chorus. see: james taylor.
*3. "1 2 3 uh uh"? tight slapped acoustic guitar, upbeat sunny camp jam. confident major melody. soul vamp and handclaps.
4. suuuper laid back melancholy jammer. harmonica + shakers. river boat laze. spare banjo and strong sing-song vox. long outro, false ending.
*5. ooh! dark country/western wringer. female vox. rattlesnakey, mournful. actually effectively vamps "put all my money on you."
6. piano and shakers and huge broadway vox. slow claps and draggy "life on mars" beat. this whole song reminds me of "life on mars", actually.
7. female vox. spare guitar and harmonica. laid back, slowish, boom/bust tempo. very chill country. vey, uh, dolly parton.
*8. holy crap. banjo knocks, cool spare funk riffs, sax. aah! hella male wail vox. some sky-high flourishes. freddie mercury and prince are making 'the fuck' faces at each other. this is oh so over the top. alan loves this already.
9. drumless, vox-centric banjo/harmonica/handclap jam. relaxed, slowish beat. this song's most salient feature is that it name-drops agatha christie.
10. slow and somewhat uninspired serenade to a bad girl. i think the lyrics are supposed to be provocative, but they're just confusingly dumb.
11. cool cassette effects, just saddish vox and light beat-boxing and long-chord piano. acoustic guitar and handclaps in the last minute. really nice.
12. slow, simple. fingerpicked acoustic + layered longing harmonies. 'edelweiss' goes country, basically.
|1.||Pisces||7.||Call Off Forever|
|3.||Good Day Better||9.||Who Carried You|
|5.||All My Money On You||11.||Time With Yourself|
|6.||Dogs||12.||More Or Less|