|Boy Eats Drum Machine / Hoop + Wire|
|Album:||Hoop + Wire||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Boy Eats Drum Machine||Added:||Apr 2010|
|Label:||Tender Loving Empire|
|Add Date:||2010-04-18||Pull Date:||2010-06-20|
|Week Ending:||Jun 20||Jun 13||Jun 6||May 30||May 23||May 16||May 9||May 2|
|1.||Mar 06, 2020:||KZSU Training Hour |
|4.||Mar 04, 2011:||No Waves In Paris |
Hoop + Wire
|2.||Apr 20, 2012:||Outrun My Gun |
|5.||Aug 13, 2010:||Quasi Music Therapy |
|3.||Feb 03, 2012:||InAcrossAwayFromMe |
Hoop + Wire
|6.||Jul 05, 2010:||NO PACC Tonight = Quasi Music Therapy |
Oh, this is good. Bright synth-addled zany cruise ship pop with some surprise elements. Cue: saxophone. Cue: spaceship noise. Cue: vocals a la Paul Banks. Don’t look at me like that! Epic cross between Mr. Centipede and Bibio, the Mario sound effects library and Spongebob Squarepants. If ever a record sounded like kicking back island mojitos whilst on incredibly friendly hallucinogens. The cover art, actually, should give you a great idea of what to expect. Impeccably produced, fun stuff.|
GAPLESS. FADE EVERYTHING OUT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
try: 1, 6, 3
*1. beachy keen. pushy synth, delayed sax backbeat, groovy calypso-tinged vocals. false ending! play to end.
2. bright individ-sounded jangle strings. island percussion. pop pop pop chorus. random hymnal ending. fade out 10 seconds to end.
*3. dark, downtempo, spongy/splatty, aggressive synth. and then there are the... eyes wide shut vocals?! soundtrack for your next cult initiation.
4. fun, upbeat sax groovester. repetitive and chill. actually ends right at the end.
5. difficult time signature. sinister western twang + spursy tambourine over deep synth. dark bowie-like vocals. also ends on the dot!
*6. W. T. F. cue this up, oh my god. the bass line is acapella! the lead guitar sounds like the freaking strokes! this fucking cooks.
7. on the airy/indie side. a capella “doo doo” backbeat. fast, yet chill.
8. busy rattler percussion, bells, syncopated beat. disjointed collage of sounds. horns, cutesy melody in the chorus. random forbidding outro.
9. cool synth beat. delayed keyboard effects. cute video game (it sounds like... a power up) noise. ends at the end.
10. doppleganger whine opener. fanfare with horns and bubble noise. very upfront “off” vocals. difficult downtempo beat. more “colored-girls-go-doo”s. gets epic and instrumental in the second half. false ending at :38 to end. could cut it there.
11. lost in airspace. synthy bass. blippy echoey keys effects. downtempo.
|1.||Hoop + Wire||6.||Lolo Forest|
|2.||Constellation||7.||We Make Our Own Light|
|3.||Abq||8.||The Pieces Fit Together And Never Fall Apart|
|5.||Gold In The Hills||10.||New Mexico To Old Arizona|
|11.||70 Miles An Hour|