|Artist:||Ruder Than You||Added:||Jan 2010|
|Label:||God's Ghetto Records|
|Add Date:||2010-01-31||Pull Date:||2010-04-04|
|Week Ending:||Mar 28||Mar 21||Feb 21||Feb 14||Feb 7|
|1.||Nov 12, 2018:||Happy Hour
|4.||Mar 25, 2010:||New World Disorder
|2.||Aug 26, 2010:||Happy Hour
|5.||Mar 18, 2010:||New World Disorder
|3.||Jul 01, 2010:||Happy Hour
|6.||Feb 15, 2010:||My Musical Midlife Meltdown
Reviewed by Sadie O., 1/24/10
Ska from Philly – closer to the 2-Tone variety than anything, but with bits of funk and jazz and even moments of metal.
1. 2:47 ****backmasking sounds, then killer funky bass – often chords, like Les Claypool. Also deeply psychedelic random sounds and guitar. Instrumental.
2. 2:45 ***manic ska with fine horn section. A bit punky, a bit metal in the vocals, maybe even a bit Zappesque. Mostly party time, though, really.
3. 2:39 **flourish of hand drums, then uptempo ska with jazzy horns. Rather odd distribution of vocals between channels. Reminds me a bit of Fishbone.
4. 3:33 **swingy bass intro, then jaunty midtempo Rock Steady. Upbeat vocals, slight bits of dub. Christian religious lyrics.
5. 2:43 ***manic ska, nice thick bassline, very 2-Tone in feel.
6. 3:55 **big ol metal guitar intro, then manic ska. Metal guitar again midway through.
7. 3:07 ***jaunty midtempo ska tending towards Rock Steady, mellow vocals. Bouncy happy feel.
8. 3:54 ***horn and guitar intro, then midtempo Roots Rock Reggae skank with horns, melodica. All about some bad gyal. Bits o’ dub.
|1.||Praise Havoc||5.||Yo Ho Down|
|2.||Baby Tonight||6.||Brand New Day|
|3.||Creation Sounds||7.||Give The People What They Need|