|Album:||Balkan Beats Vol. 3||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Jul 2009|
|Add Date:||2009-07-19||Pull Date:||2009-09-20||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Sep 20||Sep 13||Sep 6||Aug 30||Aug 23||Aug 16||Aug 9||Aug 2|
|1.||Dec 14, 2018:||Popping and Hopping demo
Drunk Of Sorrow
|4.||Oct 04, 2012:||The Doldrummer
Opa Cupa, Drunk Of Sorrow
|2.||Dec 28, 2013:||Music Casserole
Turkish Honga (Streamer & Mps Pilot Remix)
|5.||Sep 22, 2012:||Bouge Mood
|3.||Nov 08, 2012:||The Doldrummer
Drunk Of Sorrow
|6.||Aug 20, 2011:||New World Disorder
No FCCs – little in English anyway. I like 7, 9, 10, 13 best, but even stuff with just two stars is GREAT.
1. 4:40 ** Ooom-pah Gypsy brass band music, gorgeous female vocals. I’m seeing this as a drinking song – Opa! NB: it may be ooom-pah, but these guys can PLAY…
2. 3:38 ***uptempo romp, a bit gypsy brass, a bit dance mix, smooth male vocals. Infectious and goofy.
3. 3:53 ***more manic romp with strong bass line, hip hop vocals in English. A smidge of dancehall, for good measure.
4. 3:49 **very trad sounding intro, gets a heavier bottom end, midtempo march with fine female vocals.
5. 4:40 ***remix of an ooom-pah disco track from Shantel’s album – midtempo with lots of bounce. Dueling trumpets.
6. 3:59 **sweet little (Caribbean-sounding) guitar & bongos, rather drunk sounding male vocals. Notable for odd vocalizations in the backing chorus, and kids.
7. 5:18 ****goofy spoken intro in English, then syncopated midtempo club cut with bits of accordion and happy little farts. Turns into an even mashup of gypsy brass and club mix. Cool!
8. 4:48 ***spoken intro with cheers, then uptempo gypsy brass parade music with gorgeous traditional female vocals, a bit of dub. Seems to have the same sort of feel as Carnival samba.
9. 3:24 *****completely MAD hyperspeed romp with insane vocals.
10. 4:05 ****reggae??! With gypsy brass. Gnarly! Also completely bonkers. Elements from EVERYWHERE. Yay!
11. 3:12 **hyperspeed acoustic guitar, nonsense vocals. Sort of a merengue, somehow.
12. 3:18 ***midtempo disco instrumentals with bongos and sax. This really has no right whatsoever to be this groovy.
13. 4:09 ****oooh, what is this… midtempo spaghetti western ska, I guess. Jolly male vocals. Ends with carousel music, and why not?
14. 3:42 ***high speed ooom-pah, with drunk/dramatic male and female vocals. More utter madness.
15. 4:23 **beautiful female wailing and Spanish guitar for a minute, then more uptempo madness with guitar and violin and Opa!