|Artist:||Cocker, Jarvis||Added:||May 2009|
|Label:||Rough Trade Records|
|Add Date:||2009-12-06||Pull Date:||2010-02-07|
|Week Ending:||Feb 7||Jan 31||Jan 24||Jan 3||Dec 27||Dec 20|
|1.||Jul 09, 2010:||Leland Lives!
|4.||Jan 30, 2010:||My Musical Midlife Meltdown
|2.||May 23, 2010:||Uncross My Arms, or, The Unbirthday Tape
|5.||Jan 21, 2010:||in the groove
|3.||Feb 04, 2010:||Musically Assured Destruction
|6.||Jan 17, 2010:||The DJ Never Has It
try: 2, 8, 4, 5
FCC: 8 (but easily dodgeable)
1. garage rock. wonky off-beat guitar frighteningly reminiscent of a pinback riff. beachy chorus.
*2. hooky dirty guitar riff. kind of hilarious zombie callbacks. super suggestive lyrics. hooray.
3. barrelling, fast, clangy instrumental. some scattered lyricless vocals midway. sounds like space guns firing.
*4. slow, slurry, sweet twang. very central country electric. silly lyrics. vamps a totally beachy “i wanna be your lover”. reminds me of the stones’ faraway eyes.
*5. smooth, mid-slow, somewhat orchestrated big jangle sound. nice upfront pulp-like vocals. this song is about being shallow and proud of it. “i’m not looking for a relationship, just a willing receptacle”? amazing!
6. sax?! a fast blatty frantic swinger. breathless vocals in at 1:20. kinda overreactive.
7. slow padded set and piano. loud, but totally mellow. danger: swaaay alert.
*8. fuck yeah. a gritty ripper. malicious and splendid. takes ~20 sec to warm up. fade out the last (~15) seconds to skip the single FCC. it’s literally 3 seconds to the end. worth the extra vigilance.
9. fast shrill tinny clangy garage rock.
10. dirgey, ambient, grandiose. big vocals. kinda sounds like its title.
11. soft chill/cheesy disco backdrop. good old pulp-era spoken word kicks it off. on the whole? i mean, it’s a disco song. and it’s 9 minutes long. and it ends with a full minute of drone.
|5.||I Never Said I Was Deep||10.||Slush|
|11.||You're In My Eyes (Discosong)|