|Album:||Further Adventures Of Los Straitjackets, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Los Straitjackets||Added:||May 2009|
|Label:||Yep Roc Records|
|Add Date:||2009-05-17||Pull Date:||2009-07-19|
|Week Ending:||Jul 19||Jul 12||Jul 5||Jun 28||Jun 7||May 31||May 24|
|1.||Oct 27, 2022:||down in the basement
|4.||Jan 27, 2022:||Down in The Basement
|2.||Feb 24, 2022:||Down in the Basement
|5.||Dec 30, 2021:||Down in The Basement
|3.||Jan 30, 2022:||Down in The Basement (rebroadcast from Jan 27, 2022)
|6.||May 30, 2013:||Daydream Disaster
Catalina, Teen Beast
Reviewed by Sadie O., 5/11/09
Exploring the many facets of 60’s instrumental surf/hot rod/twist music as only California could dream it. Grab your surfboard, rev up your bitchen Camaro, and enjoy! Lots of whammy bar, reverb and fuzz, just like god intended.
No vocals, no FCCs. All tracks rock, 5, 6, 10 and 13 rock hardest.
1. 2:44 **high-speed twist with surf guitar solo. Takes me right back to my childhood in So. Cal. AYEEEE!!!!
2. 2:33 **sweet midtempo surf rock with whammy bar – you can see the sunset behind the surfer, standing and looking out over Redondo Beach…
3. 2:12 **manic hot rod rock with fuzz guitar.
4. 2:30 **way groovy midtempo shuffle with a bit of spy-movie feel. Several different guitars taking solos.
5. 2:15 ***MEGA reverb, sweet midtempo twist number. Clearly summer is here!
6. 3:43 ***big uptempo drums, big chords – get ready to rumble! Crazy, sloppy guitar solo.
7. 2:25 **very pretty surf tune with mega-whammy bar.
8. 2:06 **big chords, growly bass, large and hairy indeed.
9. 2:23 **uptempo, but also pretty and twangy.
10. 1:39 ***both the best and the shortest track… big midtempo twist with sax, grunting bass – how can you NOT dance?
11. 1:44 **hyperspeed drum workout with twangy guitars.
12. 2:27 **yikes, it’s the slow dance! Santo and Johnny style whammy bar guitar. Muy romantico, si! Dolled up nicely with some serious bottom end.
13. 1:54 ***midtempo and seriously aggressive hot rod rock.
|5.||Minority Report||11.||The Wild Mouse|