|Album:||That's So Gay||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Pansy Division||Added:||Apr 2009|
|Label:||Alternative Tentacles Records|
|Add Date:||2009-08-09||Pull Date:||2009-10-11|
|Week Ending:||Oct 11||Oct 4||Sep 27||Sep 20||Sep 13||Sep 6||Aug 30||Aug 23|
|1.||Oct 28, 2010:||Abra's Pridewaves
Average Men, Dirty Young Man
|4.||Oct 09, 2009:||The Lost Boys Impromptu Soundtrack
That's So Gay
|2.||Mar 28, 2010:||No Conquest: The Age Of Sexual Decline
Life Lovers, Dirty Young Man
|5.||Oct 02, 2009:||The DJ Never Has It
|3.||Dec 11, 2009:||The D-D-Darby Crash Show
You'll See Them Again
|6.||Sep 22, 2009:||No Good Tickets [with Truc]
20 Years Of Cock
There really isn’t a bad track on this album. Play anything so long as it’s clean. Helpful hint: One-sentence song summaries on page 2 of the liner.
try: 10, 2, 14, 3, 1 (7, if you deem it clean, rocks)
FCC firm: 4, 13
FCC s/h: 5 “faggot”, 7 “cock”, 12 “ass”
*1. syncopated garage guitar, high-beam lead electric, pretty simple pop punk.
*2. jello biafra sings. fast, heavy drums, dk-style lead guitar... and rhythm, too. gets anthropological on straight guys: “nascar bad boys bud light hooters”
*3. warm, bright pop. near-mainstreamy sound, if it weren’t for the sexual play-by-play lyrics. the title, if you were wondering, is imperative.
4. FCC midtempo pop, sprawly vocals in the chorus. joel reader wrote this.
5. FCC s/h -- angry surf guitar a la weezer’s “hash pipe”, call-and-response chorus. kinda sounds like dk. they do say “faggot” -- not for the afterschool slot?
6. slower & swingy, low-pitch vocals, lots of hi-hat and up-bend guitar. about repressed straight guys.
7. FCC s/h -- okay, they do sing “cock” every other line, but it’s still somehow funny every time. punky, silly, fast.
8. midtempo, rocky, melodic, alternates between sustained & cut-chord guitar. i like it, but the melody line’s awful similar to the one in whatsername (green day).
9. minor key, stripped-down instrumentation to start, echo-back chords, somber chorus w/backing harmonies.
*10. handclaps! bouncy pop, mostly drums and busy/boppy bass, jangly keys with on-the-measure guitar chords. awesome singalong chorus.
11. slower, double-note echo-back guitar and smoother vocals. harmonized chorus. about dating a professional whore.
12. FCC s/h -- the refrain is the title. kinda rockabilly, fast, chorus callbacks. about... playing high school football, obviously.
13. FCC heavier guitar sound, hard-hit drums. same guitar riff under both verse & chorus. on the angry side.
*14. as close to a love ballad as these guys are going to get. pretty mournful electric, deep drums, melodic chorus. early death on this one, fade out around :37 to end or be prepared for some amp activity.
|1.||Twinkie Twinkie Little Star||8.||What's In It For Me|
|2.||Average Men||9.||You'll See Them Again|
|3.||Ride Baby||10.||Dirty Young Man|
|4.||Some Of My Best Friends||11.||It's Just A Job|
|5.||That's So Gay||12.||Pat Me On The Ass|
|6.||Obsessed With Me||13.||Never You Mind|
|7.||20 Years Of Cock||14.||Life Lovers|