|Artist:||Ward, M.||Added:||Mar 2009|
|Add Date:||2009-05-17||Pull Date:||2009-07-19|
|Week Ending:||Jul 19||Jul 12||Jul 5||Jun 28||Jun 21||Jun 14||Jun 7||May 31|
|1.||Dec 19, 2012:||Meow After Midnight
|4.||Apr 15, 2010:||Hipster Garbage
|2.||Mar 01, 2012:||American Beauty
|5.||Mar 02, 2010:||D&J Show
|3.||Aug 07, 2010:||Music Casserole
|6.||Jul 19, 2009:||Deep Fried & Sanctified
Picks: 3, 6, 8, 11
1) (2:47) Catchy acoustic track particularly whispery and occasionally sneery vocals.
2) (2:26) Very poppy; distorted electric guitar runs through this one alongside a pounding beat and Zooey's guest vocals.
**3) (2:31) Excellent acoustic piece with full backing instrumentation; about loneliness and death.
4) (3:05) String introduction brings Nick Drake to mind; very slow, vocals take a minute to come in.
5). (3:35) Cover of a song made popular by Buddy Holly; does have a 50s tinge to it, but Ward adapts it to his own style so much that it doesn't really stand out. More Zooey.
*6) (3:02) Most upbeat song on the album, and ridiculously so; features piano carrying the piece, with questionable sci-fi-esque sound effects and synths coming in near the end. Lytle guests.
7) (2:12) Sparse in the context of the album, featuring just Ward, acoustics, and production fuzz.
*8) (3:18) Builds from simple mid-tempo guitar so much that it sounds almost overproduced near the end, but remains interesting throughout.
9) (3:12) Quirky electric guitar parts throughout make this interesting, but it's mostly repetitive average Ward music outside of them.
10) (6:06) An even slower cover of Neil Young's interpretation of Don Gibson's "Oh Lonesome Me," featuring Lucinda Williams.
*11) (3:49) Pretty straightforward Ward song; doesn't have any really unique qualities but features some of the album's best music.
12) (2:30) Another slower song, mostly acoustic with electric guitar contributing to an interesting rhythm throughout the track.
13) (2:20) Sounds like a 60s folk/pop/rock song, focus is on acoustics without many of the backing instruments defining much of the earlier songs.
14) (3:47) Instrumental featuring heavily distorted electric guitars with acoustics providing rhythm.
|1.||For Beginners||8.||Stars Of Leo|
|2.||Never Had Nobody Like You||9.||Fisher Of Men|
|3.||Jailbird||10.||Oh Lonesome Me|
|5.||Rave On||12.||Blake's View|
|6.||To Save Me||13.||Shangri-La|
|7.||One Hundred Million Years||14.||Outro|