|Springsteen, Bruce / Working On A Dream|
|Album:||Working On A Dream||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Springsteen, Bruce||Added:||Feb 2009|
|Add Date:||2009-04-12||Pull Date:||2009-06-14|
|Week Ending:||Jun 14||Jun 7||May 31||May 24||May 17||May 10||May 3||Apr 26|
|1.||Dec 30, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|4.||Oct 19, 2019:||the Acupuncture Hour |
The Last Carnival
|2.||Feb 27, 2020:||Alien Hour |
Queen Of The Supermarket
|5.||Jan 04, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|3.||Oct 25, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|6.||Mar 10, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
Standard Bruce sound with full band including Clarence Clemmons on sax. Typical Bruce lyric style with a Great story-song on track #1. There are some great moments on this album including an atypical blues harmonica burner (#7); however, these moments are too infrequent resulting in a sub-par Springsteen effort. FCC on #4 – ‘Fucking’. My favorites are 1, 4 (FCC), 7, 8, 12, 13.|
1. (8:00) Mid/Fast. Epic story-song about a renegade. From full band to minimalist instrumentation. Great phrases of emotional expression; classic orchestral ending. Classic Bruce.
2. (4:00) Mid/Fast. Driving beat, with Clarence on sax.
3. (3:27) Mid. Upfront vocal, ‘radio friendly’, but a bit too poppy, which Bruce can venture into at times. Good feeling, nonetheless.
4. (4:36) Slow/Mid. Quirky story-song, but well-done. A bit quiet and longing feel. Full band with backing vocals near end. FCC ‘FUCKING’.
5. (2:55) Mid. Rock ‘N’ Roller, with backing vocals at times, including Bruce’s. Nothing too remarkable.
6. (4:29) Mid. Classic E Street sound, but worst quality song on album. Lyrics are schlock.
7. (2:59) Mid. Lo-fi blues burner. Harmonica heavy and a real rockin’ number. Bruce’s voice sounds killer through the mic effects.
8. (2:11) Mid. Acoustic; upfront, quiet drums, with Bruce singing in almost a whisper.
9. (3:59) Mid. Mellow vocal delivery with tambourine, organ and drums prominent. A try at some philosophical lyrics. Not bad.
10. (4:01) Mid. One of those tunes where Bruce attempts some revelatory lyrics. Not sure it hits the mark, but the sound is classic E Street and Bruce delivery.
11. (3:23) Mid. Classic Bruce sound with backing vocals, organ, driving beat.
12. (3:09) Slow. Acoustic guitar with quiet vocal. Great for a morning/weekend show. Beautiful choral vocal ending.
13. (3:49Mid. From film ‘The Wrestler’. Acoustic guitar with perfect Bruce vocal delivery. Quiet and introspective.
|1.||Outlaw Pete||7.||Good Eye|
|2.||My Lucky Day||8.||Tomorrow Never Knows|
|3.||Working On A Dream||9.||Life Itself|
|4.||Queen Of The Supermarket||10.||Kingdom Of Days|
|5.||What Love Can Do||11.||Surprise, Surprise|
|6.||This Life||12.||The Last Carnival|