|Album:||Around The World With...||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Senor Coconut And His Orchestra||Added:||Nov 2008|
|Add Date:||2008-12-21||Pull Date:||2009-02-22|
|Week Ending:||Feb 22||Feb 15||Feb 8||Feb 1||Jan 25||Jan 18||Jan 11||Jan 4|
|1.||Feb 15, 2012:||Everyday Commotion
|4.||Jun 30, 2011:||Alachinada!
Dreams Are My Reality
|2.||Feb 10, 2012:||No Cover, No Minimum
|5.||Jun 08, 2011:||The Donner Party
|3.||Nov 10, 2011:||It's Bollywood
|6.||Apr 23, 2011:||Everyday Commotion
Senor Coconut's first album, "El Baile Aleman" was an instant classic: remakes of Kraftwerk's greatest hits done in Latin music styles. This new album is arguably his best album since then. I love this album. The theme is "Around the World" (Daft Punk's big hit), and Senor Coconut selects tracks from around the world to remake in his signature ElectroLatino sound. ONLY Senor Coconut would be able to re-make Eurythmics' "Sweet Dreams" as a Latin Cha-Cha. TRY ALL, but especially: 2,3,4,5,9,13
1. Theme of the CD - Daft Punk's pop hit re-done as bouncy rumba
2. Smooth & steamy cha-cha remake of Eurythmics classic
3. "Da Da Da" becomes "Cha Cha Cha!" - hilarious!
4. Sultry! Fabulous relaxed remake of Prince's "Kiss"!
5. Electro-Latino-Bossa-Nova classic - great filtered vox
6. Reprise of the theme (see track #1)
7. Mambo classic that is updated with fun synths & effects
8. Song about pinball goes into crazy pinball-like effects
9. Hi-Energy merengue version of (if you wanna ride the) "White Horse"
10. Starts w/ a traditional sound but gets super electro/acid!
11. Mambo-Disco with a big Latin-band sound - fun
12. Outro to the theme (see track #1)
13. A Sinatra-esque lounge crooner with a Latin touch!
14. Smooth sax and all sorts of electronic warbling - far out!