|Yoome / Boredom Of Me, The|
|Album:||Boredom Of Me, The||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Audio 8 Recordings|
|Add Date:||2009-05-10||Pull Date:||2009-07-12|
|Week Ending:||Jun 28||May 31||May 24||May 17|
|1.||Mar 03, 2018:||Music Casserole |
|4.||May 23, 2009:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Jun 26, 2009:||Music Casserole |
|5.||May 20, 2009:||Signal to Vroom |
|3.||May 29, 2009:||Professor Barnaby J. Finkerton Sub |
|6.||May 20, 2009:||public noize racket |
Gone Away, Dubai
Excellent lo-fi electronic hip hop pop. Beautiful tunes, male & female vocals, simple melodies…themes of love & the complex emotions around love ending...which makes it sound sappy but it isn't. Vocals are a highlight. Collaboration between rapper Serengeti, indie folk singer Renee-Louis Carafice, and producer Tony Trimm. Really good, play play! FCC 3, 4, 5, 6, 7|
1) *Hopeful, tender vocals over ethereal synths & faint guitar.
2) Crunchy electronic melody. Lyrics re: lost love.
3) FCC Female vocals, toy keyboard melody over industrial electronics.
4) FCC Love the opening delivery. Ends with great synth & guitar swell.
5) FCC Upbeat & dancy. Constantly repeated refrain: “the boredom of you, the freedom of being fregan”
6) FCC Opening harmonies, then some great Serengeti rhymes
7) FCC Memories post-breakup, Serengeti vocals.
8) FCC Female vocals, hypnotic rhythm. About leaving for a better place.
9) *Nice percussion, Serengeti raps, fem singing at end.
10) **All about you and your DEBT. Strong rhythm, unfortunately has a kind of ridiculous chorus.
11) About divorce. male & female vocals over sparse rhythm.
12) * FCC Crunchy beat, synth melody. Raps about new beginnings in love.
|3.||Whiskey And Peppermints||9.||Penny|
|6.||My Regret||12.||Beautiful Ending|