|Add Date:||2008-08-17||Pull Date:||2008-10-19||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Oct 19||Oct 12||Oct 5||Sep 21||Sep 14||Sep 7||Aug 31||Aug 24|
|1.||Feb 23, 2013:||Music Casserole
Ishq - Love And The Veil (Acoustic)
|4.||Jan 04, 2011:||Fo at the Café Bohemian
Allah Mazare (Acoustic)
|2.||Feb 09, 2013:||New World Disorder
|5.||May 29, 2010:||New World Disorder
|3.||Sep 10, 2011:||New World Disorder
|6.||Apr 24, 2010:||New World Disorder
Reviewed by Sadie O., 8/15/08
Stunningly gorgeous Middle Eastern (mostly Iranian) music combining traditional instrumentation and a bit of electronics with traditional poetry. Azam Ali has an amazing voice, and the playing and interpretation is flawless. CD 1 is the main CD, and CD 2 has the acoustic versions. Ordinarily I’m not a big fan of acoustic versions, but these really showcase the fine playing and singing, and are simply excellent.
Nothing in English – FCCs extremely unlikely. Everything is fantastic.
1. ****forceful and simple midtempo beat, lovely stringed things and female vocals. Sufi poetry, Turkish tune.
2. **ethereal electronics, trance-y drone, pretty, warbly vocals. Urdu love song.
3. **drones and echoes, sad traditional Iranian song. Gets drums and energy after a minute and a half – lovely strings.
4. ***flutes and drones intro, tabla and lush instrumentation and singing. Urdu poem of unrequited love, much in common with Indian secular music.
5. ***drone fade-in, slow and swingy groove, traditional Iranian song about springtime. Lovely stuff.
6. *flutes and drones, no beat, very slow and ethereal, Urdu religio-philosophical poetry.
7. ***midtempo lilting groove and strings, Persian poem of celebration.
8. ***swingy instrumental hand drums and strings – should we eat dates or dance?
9. ***fade-in to midtempo 4/4 beat with strings and drones, Persian love poetry.
1. ***forceful hand drums, strings – the vocals get to shine. (traditional Iranian song about springtime)
2. **vocals and simple hand drums intro, much more austere than studio version. (Sufi poetry, Turkish tune.)
3. ***rather martial hand drums, fast strings – very different mood from studio version. (Persian love poetry.)
4. **plucked strings and relaxed drums – mellow and gorgeous. Great drums near end. (Urdu love song.)
5. *ethereal intro – very sad sounding. Drums and strings after 1.5 minutes. (traditional Iranian song.)
6. **swingy drums, solo strings taking turns. Groovy instrumental.
7. **tabla and sitar (?), flutes – Indian sound, very pretty. (Urdu poem of unrequited love)
8. ***strong drums, pretty strings. (Persian poem of celebration.)
|2.||Tamana||10.||Allah Mazare (Acoustic)|
|3.||Feraghi - Song Of Exile||11.||Beni Beni (Acoustic)|
|4.||Ishq - Love And The Veil||12.||Sadrang (Acoustic)|
|5.||Allah Mazare||13.||Tamana (Acoustic)|
|6.||Iman||14.||Feraghi - Song Of Exile (Acoustic)|
|8.||Bejran||16.||Ishq - Love And The Veil (Acoustic)|