|Add Date:||2008-05-18||Pull Date:||2008-07-20|
|Week Ending:||Jun 15||Jun 1||May 25|
|1.||Aug 12, 2017:||No Cover, No Minimum: Saturday Edition
|4.||May 18, 2012:||No Cover, No Minimum
|2.||Jan 27, 2016:||funk to fiddle
|5.||Nov 27, 2010:||No Cover, No Minimum
Are You The Favorite Person Of Anybody?
|3.||Jun 23, 2015:||that's Not Bluegrass
|6.||Mar 04, 2010:||The Value Machine
The Real Morning Party
Instrumental trio outing crossing rock-pop-jazz boundaries. Benevento plays piano, keyboards and "circuit-bent" modified toys, alongside Reed Mathis (Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey) on bass and rotating drummers. Alternately brash and bold, tender, jubilant or mysterious. This would fit into a lot of KZSU shows; check it out!
All good; Fo's picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 8
1. 4:13 – bombastic, grungy, soaring: blooms from banjo riff to giant stomp
2. 6:51 – pensive ballad: melancholy piano, turns very catchy, really nice
3. 4:12 – video game fantasy, bright & bustling keyboards, happy fun time
4. 4:56 – pop: delightfully cheesy keyboard melody, stomps merrily along
5. 4:40 – relaxed indie-rock sound, suggests lyrics, surging 2nd half
6. 6:56 – slow, mysterious walk, simple tune with fuzzy echo,
7. 4:16 – creepy bent loops into melancholy ballad, which turns forceful
8. 5:50 – gloopy intro, then a driving swirl sweeps you away. Just great.
[Fo] – 5/18/08
|1.||Bus Ride||5.||You Must Be A Lion|
|2.||Record Book||6.||If You Keep On Asking Me|
|4.||The Real Morning Party||8.||Are You The Favorite Person Of Anybody?|