|Artist:||Bhiman, Bhi||Added:||Oct 2007|
|Add Date:||2007-10-21||Pull Date:||2007-12-23|
|Week Ending:||Dec 23||Dec 9||Dec 2||Nov 25||Nov 18||Nov 11||Nov 4||Oct 28|
|1.||Dec 30, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler
|4.||Apr 10, 2017:||Happy Hour
You Gotta Move
|2.||May 14, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler
|5.||Feb 29, 2016:||Happy Hour
Out In The Streets
|3.||May 15, 2017:||Happy Hour
|6.||Aug 16, 2013:||Time Traveler
No FCCs detected. all songs are good and quite different.
I like 1,2,3,6,8,9,10,11, and the hidden track.
1. ****FDA Blues: uptempo, psychedelic folk sound reminiscent of The Beatles or Brian Wilson. Great lyrics, great instrumentation (complete with toy piano and lapsteel guitar) and four part harmonies.
2. ***Equal in My Tea: sweet but upbeat acoustic guitar (finger picking and rhythm). Extremely clever world play that goes from the topic of love to war in the Middle East.
3. ***It's Cold Out Here: slow and sad with dramatic rises. Interplay between Bhi Bhiman's voice and the wail of blues harmonica played by Big Bones. Intense and beautiful.
4. ***Loving You: classic soul and R&B sound with three part horn section and tenor sax solo. Think Sam Cooke, Solomon Burke, or Bill Withers.
5. ***Up in Arms: somber classical guitar accompanying the sad words of an aging black panther (Huey P. Newton). Chilling and beautiful at the same time.
6. ****White Man's Burden Blues: backporch blues all the way. Hilarious lyrics and badass blues harmonica that sounds like a freight train.
7. ***You Gotta Move: upbeat Cream psychadelic breakdown. Great rhythm with a catchy hook.
8. ****Telouise: pumping Southern rock--clearly influenced by Robbie Robertson and Dr. John. Organ, piano, slide guitar, and 3 part harmonies make it a driving, forceful ballad.
9. ****Talkin' NASCAR: bluegrass take on Bhiman's hilarious but intelligent satire about the Bush administration.
10. ***Etta: Cat Stevens style fingerpicking with Celeste electric piano. Bitter sweet tune about the love of your life who you know you never be with.
11. ***Out In The Streets: hard hitting reggae track that sounds like it was recorded in a sweaty Jamaican recording studio. The very first line is a bite off Ini Kamoze but the rest is all original.
12. **Blue: slow jazz piece with upright bass, piano, and drums. Sad, touching lyrics.
13. ***Jaffna Town: Ukelele strumming and vocals. It has a stripped down island sound which you expect to lead to light simple lyrics. It goes the other way of course with a disturbing observation of the violence committed against the Tamil people in Sri Lanka (where Bhi's parents are from).
***(Hidden track) International Hater: a Bhiman favorite about the relationship between Satan and Kobe Bryant. Clever and hilarious.
|1.||Fda Blues||7.||You Gotta Move|
|2.||Equal In My Tea||8.||Telouise|
|3.||It's Cold Out Here||9.||Talkin' Nascar|
|5.||Up In Arms||11.||Out In The Streets|
|6.||White Man's Burden Blues||12.||Blue|