|Add Date:||2006-10-15||Pull Date:||2006-12-17||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||Dec 17||Dec 3||Nov 5||Oct 29|
|1.||Dec 06, 2023:||No One Gets out of these Blues Alive
Honey Where's The Money Gone
|4.||Dec 15, 2006:||No Cover, No Minimum
Seems Like You're Gonna Take Me Back
|2.||Nov 29, 2023:||No One Gets out of these Blues Alive
Tomorrow Is Forever
|5.||Dec 01, 2006:||college radio
Tomorrow Is Forever, Does My Ring Burn Your Finger
|3.||Sep 11, 2012:||Sunshine . . . in the Afternoon
You're The Kind Of Trouble
|6.||Oct 30, 2006:||The Hair of the Dog
'til I Get It Right
Reviewed by Sadie O., 10/12/06
Blues/RnB legend does a Country record. Hey, if Willie Nelson can do a Reggae record…. Songs by any number of Country greats, featuring fine musicians and vocalists. Clearly Country, but naturally very bluesy vocals by Burke. It’s filed under Blues so it can live with all the other Solomon Burke records…
No FCCs, not by a long shot. 4 and 10 are my favorite tracks.
1. 3:20 *mellow acoustic lament, bluesy, emotional vocals.
2. 3:14 **very uptempo two-step with chorus. Swing your partner to this!
3. 2:52 **downtempo waltz about abiding love, by and featuring Dolly Parton. Nuff said!
4. 4:08 ***uptempo honky tonk stomp with violin and banjo. Ends with extemporized craziness and about half a minute of joshin’ around in the studio, which you may want to cut out.
5. 4:28 *slightly downtempo bluesy acoustic lament. Endless ending…
6. 3:27 **slightly downtempo shuffle with pedal steel and harmonica. Great build and solid lyrics.
7. 3:07 *slow and sad, with pedal steel and harmonica. Oooh, so very sad…
8. 4:14 **downtempo, almost sanctified love song with chorus and organ.
9. 3:28 *very downtempo 6/8 acoustic and strings.
10. 3:45 ***a bit downtempo swampy stroll, a bit menacing.
11. 3:06 *downtempo acoustic sadness. Gets more bearable when the banjo comes in, believe it or not. Great dobro, too.
12. 3:28 **midtempo two step, by George Jones, featuring Emmylou. Hey, it’s got pedigree, boy howdy!
13. 2:54 **energetic midtempo stomp, fun lyrics.
14. 3:35 very downtempo with lots of strings and a delivery reminiscent of Willie Nelson.