|Conjunto De Arpa Grande / Tierra Caliente: Music From The Hotlands Of Michoacan|
|Album:||Tierra Caliente: Music From The Hotlands Of Michoacan||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Conjunto De Arpa Grande||Added:||Jul 2006|
|Add Date:||2006-08-13||Pull Date:||2006-10-15||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Oct 15||Oct 1||Sep 24||Sep 17||Sep 10||Sep 3||Aug 27||Aug 20|
|1.||Oct 10, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemianh |
|4.||Sep 12, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Paseando por Michoacan
|2.||Sep 26, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Sep 05, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Sep 19, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Aug 29, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Conjunto de Arpa Grande (big harp ensemble) plays music that is similar to mariachi. The ensemble comes from the Mexican state of Michoacan. Two violins, two guitars, and a harp (that can be used as a drum) and vocals, often in falsetto. Upbeat sons, rancheras and other sounds. The harps are a bit plinky, but in a good way. Expertly-played folk music, every track worth it worth playing, but I really liked these: |
1. Light, bouncy, midtempo good vocals. Too short.
2. Bright, toe-tapping w/tripping vocals & extra good strings.
3. Fast son with a fun melody & a happy sound.
4. Upbeat son w/nice blend of strings & fast vocals.
5. Relaxed and romantic ranchera with an old-fashioned feel.
8. Fast vocal duet. Lively strings & catchy melody.
11. Uptempo w/a clap-along sort of feeling.
12. Midtempo vocal duet w/good use of harp.
16. Fun, catchy, upbeat love song.
17. Tripping strings, soaring vox, upbeat.