|Album:||Classic African-American Ballads||Collection:||Blues|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Jul 2006|
|Add Date:||2006-07-09||Pull Date:||2006-09-10||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||Sep 3||Aug 13||Aug 6||Jul 30||Jul 23||Jul 16|
|1.||Jan 21, 2022:||Traditions
Betty And Dupree, Lost John, John Henry, Railroad Bill, John Hardy, Casey Jones
|4.||Feb 09, 2013:||Music Casserole
|2.||Jun 12, 2021:||Rebroadcast: Music Casserole
|5.||May 28, 2010:||Buford J. Sharkley's Rodent Show
Mouse On The Hill
|3.||Jul 25, 2015:||Music Casserole
|6.||May 02, 2009:||Music Casserole
Gallis Pole, Lost John, Staggerlee, Casey Jones
All vocals are male, by the way. No FCCs. Play is all, folks!
1. Light mid, sweet guitar & cool kinda rough vox. Applause at end.
2. A capella, midtempo Casey Jones. Lazily liquid voice.
3. Toe-tapping w/good droning accordion & Leadbelly vocals.
4. Midtempo & bluesy w/nasally vocals & smooth guitar work.
5. Downtempo duet w/cool jazzy overtones. So smooth…
6. Solid harmonica & guitar, vocal duet, a classic blues strut.
7. Downtempo classic. Great guitar break & understated vocals.
8. Vox/guitar/harmonica. Folksy toe-tapping Staggerlee. Great harp
9. Downtempo prison work song. Call-response vox. Haunting.
10. Honey-smooth vox, guitar. A relaxed folk tale of love & crime.
11. Starts slow, gets bouncy. A prison escape song by Leadbelly.
12. Slick organ/vox/harp/guit. Driving midtempo, churchy blues.
13. Surprisingly jaunty song about the Titanic w/class commentary.
14. Midtempo folk classic for guitar & warm vocal.
15. Fast, fast bluegrass jam for strings & high, nasally vox. Yee haw
16. Lazy w/great strings & odd, nasally voice. Applause at end.
17. Midtempo folk by Woody Guthrie. About killing his wife.
18. Powerful, downtempo a capella track.
19. Midtempo guitar/vox w/ a catchy melody.
20. Fast, frantic strings/vox. Almost trips over itself.
21. Midtempo toe-tapper w/ gruff vox & nicely driving guitar.
22. A more modern, jazzy sound. Relaxed. My least fav. track.