|Album:||Funeral March, The||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2006-08-13||Pull Date:||2006-10-15||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Oct 15||Oct 8||Oct 1||Sep 17||Sep 3||Aug 27||Aug 20|
|1.||Jan 24, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude (Favorite hardcore, punk and metal releases of 2006)
|4.||Oct 05, 2006:||Cognitive Overload
|2.||Oct 14, 2006:||All Hands On Deck
|5.||Oct 04, 2006:||Baptism of Solitude
Vagen Till Graven
|3.||Oct 11, 2006:||Baptism of Solitude
|6.||Sep 28, 2006:||Baptism of Solitude
Amazing Swedish grindcore. Fast, heavy, and brutal but with melodic guitar melodies thrown in once in a while. The band rarely slows down and only one track reaches the 3 minute mark. Think NASUM, ROTTEN SOUND, and SAYYADINA.
**1. After a quiet fad in intro this track goes full speed ahead. There is a short melodic breakdown.
2. More bass and lower vocals. I like the trade off between heavy grindcore and melodic sections.
3. The guitars never get very heavy but the track is still fast.
4. Slightly punk sound into the usual heavy grindcore. Vocals are high screams and low grunts.
5. Catchy repetitive guitar riff. There is a slow heavy section in the middle.
6. Similar to the last track with a mid-paced thrashy ending.
7. Slow doom guitar instrumental with a noise ending. Reminds me of slow MISERY INDEX tracks.
8. Odd, mid-paced track then eventually kicks into fast grind.
**9. Damn heavy with pummeling drums that never let up.
**10. Relentless with a number of different guitar sounds and riffs.
**11. Whoa, a guitar solo at the beginning. This track goes through a couple changes including a very melodic section. Ends with feedback.
**12. Wow. I love that they pack so many ideas into a 1:17 minute track.
13. The longest track. Guitars are slightly more metal and halfway through the track it slows down and keeps slowing down till the end.
14. A different sound, somewhat melodic and mid-paced at the beginning but then guitar solos and a more metal sound.
15. More melodic with vocals that border on singing. Sill heavy with a couple nice guitar riffs.
16. Slight metalcore sound with double-bass drums. Simple breakdown.
17. Slow and heavy with vocals you can almost understand.
Great stuff. -mph
|1.||Choked||9.||God Of Led|
|2.||Feed On Lies||10.||Vagen Till Graven|
|3.||Requiem||11.||Illusions Of Peace|
|4.||I Am||12.||Black Light|
|5.||Tristessens Fort||13.||Out Of Pace|
|6.||H5n1||14.||Let The Mayhem Begin|
|8.||Day Of The Vulture||16.||The Anchor|