|Artist:||Legendary Shack Shakers, Th'||Added:||Apr 2006|
|Label:||Yep Roc Records|
|Add Date:||2006-04-16||Pull Date:||2006-06-18|
|Week Ending:||Jun 4||May 28||May 21||May 14||May 7||Apr 30||Apr 23|
|1.||Nov 19, 2010:||The Songsmith Show
|4.||Jun 02, 2006:||Galabanting Around
|2.||Jan 02, 2007:||New World Disorder
South Electric Eyes
|5.||May 30, 2006:||America's Least Wanted
Thin The Herd
|3.||Dec 05, 2006:||Disorderly Favorites of 2006
|6.||May 24, 2006:||the evil twins
Reviewed by Sadie O., 4/13/06
Wake up! Punk metal polka! American history, black humor, high energy – “New American Gothic.” Artfully done mayhem with fun lyrics, more or less loosely based on the darker side of Americana roots music and stories.
Mild FCC on track 6 and maybe 11. I wish the songs were longer. They’re all fugging excellent and I have no favorites or songs I don’t love, although the first half of the record is probably more universally accessible and the second half is more genre-identifiable. Hope that helps! 3 stars on everything.
1. Cackling, then a manic hyperspeed punk/metal polka featuring Jello Biafra and Rev. Horton Heat. Wheee!
2. Typing, then uptempo metal ooom-pah with a touch of salsa and fun spoken lyrics by Rev. Horton Heat.
3. Midtempo loud polka with reverb and fun lyrics. And triangle and farfisa and bass. Yippee!
4. Timpani and horns and more speed-metal polka. Total dementia! More than a touch of sea chantey.
5. Midtempo bluesy work chant with lunatics. Plenty of alligators, harmonica.
6. Uptempo Chicago Blues-meets-bop, reverb and harmonica. Mild FCC – “sons of bitches”…
7. Uptempo C&W polka with banjo and violin. Bit of completely manic gypsy harmonica in the middle.
8. Extremely fast harmonica and surf guitar instrumental.
9. Banging midtempo circus march with mad clowns and disturbed vocals. Would not fit well with “sweet pop”….
10. Short bit of acoustic C&W, then uptempo honky tonk two-step with goofy vocals and a bit of yodeling. A knee-slapper!
11. FCC: Might say “Bastards” right at the opening – a bit hard to tell. Midtempo bouncy two-step with banjo, piano, and evil.
12. Midtempo ooom-pah funeral waltz with accordion, bass vocals. Long fade with apparent ghost in a rocker for last 45 seconds.
|2.||South Electric Eyes||8.||Thin The Herd|
|3.||No Such Thing||9.||Monkey On The Doghouse|
|4.||Iron Lung Oompah||10.||The Ballad Of Speedy Atkins|
|5.||Bottom Road||11.||Bible, Candle And Skull|
|6.||Somethin' In The Water||12.||Nellie Bell|