|Album:||Far Away Trains Passing By||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Schnauss, Ulrich||Added:||Jan 2006|
|Add Date:||2006-01-15||Pull Date:||2006-03-19||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Feb 26||Feb 19||Feb 12||Jan 29||Jan 22|
|1.||Jul 06, 2017:||Clean Copper Radio
|4.||May 05, 2011:||Orangeasm Sub
|2.||Jan 01, 2014:||KZSU's Top 20 Classical/Experimental Albums of 2013
|5.||Feb 22, 2011:||The Crooked Spoke Adjacent
|3.||Jan 01, 2014:||Top 30 X of 2013 part i
|6.||Feb 04, 2011:||microclimate
This is a re-release of Schnauss' first album, after the popularity of his second "A Strangely Isolated Place." It's much sparser and less psychedelic than that album. There's no information no idea where the tracks on the bonus disc are collected from, but they're surprisingly good, overall its more consistent than the first disc.
1)** Chill vibe. Bouncy, warm synth with light snare throughout.
2) Snowy, spacey, dreamy. Starts slow, speeds up a bit.
3) Borderline tropical feel -- music for the bahamas were they covered in snow. Fun break ~4min.
4)** Beautiful, wintry glitch track
5) Sparsest track, drum machine pattern high in the mix. Chimes?
6) Quiet, serene/mournful take on the album's musical themes. Random occasional male vocal sample. Ends with 45s of rain noise.
1) Another chill-out track. Synth, clipped drum machine, periodic ethereal ambient pauses.
2) High pitched synth + twinkles, fades out at 3:00, comes back louder & more urgent.
3) Another twinkly glitch track, slightly darker & slower, more "electro" feel.
4)** Marimba (?) subtle background part, male nonsense vocals.
5) Building intro to ethereal dream female ooohs. Shuffling feel.
6) Rushing syncopation, ethereal female vocals, sortof actual vocals near end. Twinkly.