|Clientele, The / Strange Geometry|
|Artist:||Clientele, The||Added:||Oct 2005|
|Add Date:||2005-12-11||Pull Date:||2006-02-12|
|Week Ending:||Jan 22||Jan 15||Jan 8||Jan 1||Dec 25||Dec 18|
|1.||May 03, 2018:||The Flannel Underground |
Since K Got Over Me
|4.||Jul 03, 2007:||Lost and Found |
|2.||Apr 27, 2017:||serenity now |
Since K Got Over Me
|5.||Jan 23, 2007:||Lost and Found |
(I Can't Seem To)Make You Mine
|3.||Mar 11, 2008:||At Your Local Dive |
|6.||Aug 22, 2006:||The Top Shelf |
3rd ablum from this English dreamy folk pop group. Songs tend to have a subdued/ relaxed quality and some people may hear some psychedelic influence. Lots of guitars, but also piano, light drums, glockenspiel, strings, etc. Plenty of reverb on the guitars. A lot of the songs sound similar to me, so I have trouble describing them. I know some people like this band a lot but I don’t really get it, I guess. |
my picks: 5, 11, 12 FCC: clean
1. medium tempo. Lots o’ guitars, glockenspiel
2. med-slow. subdued. reverby guitar. strings
3. med-fast. a bit more upbeat. reverby arpeggiated guitar. organ break in the middle of the song.
4. starts with really echoey classical singing. Turns into a medium tempo folky number, with acoustic guitars and light drums
5. starts with nice guitar/ violin interaction. Medium tempo, just a little bit of groove to the main guitar part. Strings later on. Gets a bit noisier with mid-era-beatles guitar solo
6. med-slow. reverby guitar.
7. med-slow. some organ, light drums, reverby guitar
8. med-slow. mostly drums and guitars.
9. med-fast. goes a bit minor sounding and there’s a guitar solo near the end. Fade out
10. med-slow. some falsetto vocals
11. med-slow. spoken vocals (a story) with some “ooh ah” vocals in the background.
12. med-slow. church organs and distant classical vocals in the second half.
|1.||Since K Got Over Me||7.||Geometry Of Lawns|
|2.||(I Can't Seem To)Make You Mine||8.||Spirit|
|3.||My Own Face Inside The Trees||9.||Impossible|
|4.||K||10.||Step Into The Light|
|6.||When I Came Home From The Party||12.||Six Of Spades|