|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||May 2005|
|Add Date:||2005-05-22||Pull Date:||2005-07-24|
|Week Ending:||Jul 24||Jul 17||Jul 10||Jun 26||Jun 19||Jun 12||Jun 5||May 29|
|1.||May 17, 2014:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
|4.||Jul 21, 2005:||Multiple Personality Disorder
|2.||Nov 23, 2013:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
|5.||Jul 15, 2005:||The Dog and Pony show
And I'm Thinking
|3.||Feb 17, 2007:||Biff Bang Pow
Big Pink Heart
|6.||Jul 14, 2005:||Multiple Personality Disorder
Boo Hoo Hoo
1. up tempo, Kirbi-Grips-like, cute
2. * Bouncy, lovely, psychedelic. Whistles! *
3. Chamber-like, cool , bassoon! bizarre, MPH.
4. Begins with sample "we're never going back to California". Then upbeat loud pop.
5. Banjo and ringing guitars, uptempo.
6. Chamber, belle&S, acoustic, mid/fast.
7. Dark, gothic Joy Division feel.
8. Indie feel but bizarre structure and dark touches.
9. ** Upbeat, jangly, female vox, excellent. self-reflecting lyrics on the profession. Short. **
10. Synths, slow, sparse beat, loud buzz.
11. Beatles - touch of psychedelic, slow/mid. "Nowhere Man".
12. * "Don't you want somebody to love"? mid/upbeat rootsy, jangly. *
13. ** Folk/singsong but with bells and synths, break up, cool. From liner notes: originally released with a Xeroxed cover, in a Ziplock bag. Female backing box. **
14. FCC ("Fucking") make me think of "Boys Don't Cry" only heavier.
15. * Breathy, deep female box, synths, spooky, dark 80's style. *
16. * Upbeat psychedelic, reminds me a lot of the Soft Boys circa Underwater Moonlight. *
17. * Another one that reminds me of the Soft Boys, earlier period – great weird guitar parts, sometimes unconnected, but good. *
18. ** Early Floyd psych ballad, great stuff. **
19. Raucous rock, upbeat, loud, cool.
20. * Sequenced beat, chant-like, bells, fun, primal. Great closer for this comp! *