|Album:||Megalomaniac Decorator's Quart||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||P. Miles Bryson||Added:||May 2005|
|Add Date:||2005-05-15||Pull Date:||2005-07-17||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Jul 10||Jul 3||Jun 26||Jun 19||Jun 12||Jun 5||May 29||May 22|
|1.||Aug 18, 2014:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
Subtler Polycultural Shades, Neo-Revivalist-Retro-Summer
|4.||Jan 26, 2006:||Baptism of Solitude (Favorite of 2005 non-heavy)
Terrazzo Plexiglass Mosiacs
|2.||Sep 19, 2007:||Noise Special
Swivel-Base Functionality An
|5.||Nov 24, 2005:||Anti-consumerism and vegetarian songs
Composition in Authentic Nav
|3.||Jul 13, 2006:||Cognitive Overload
|6.||Jul 08, 2005:||The Dog and Pony Show
Subtler Polycultural Shades
A trippy and surreal listen. Sample art, audio collages, and mixes with most of the source material being lounge music, 60s pop tunes, schmaltzy 50s tracks, show tunes, old cartoon music and similar sounds. Once these sounds are all layered and chopped up it makes for a very surreal and even evil sounding listen. I think by using sounds so familiar and so derivative that carry so much social baggage, chopping them up creates a very unique listen. At times this reminds me of People Like Us (track 3 and 4 for example).
1. Very quiet for the first minute or so. This sounds like the intro to some old black and white tv show.
2. Lounge-y non-word singing over the top of noisy sampled cheese. Mellow. Where is that martini? There is a near silent part in the middle of the track.
**3. A couple different tracks layered, into quick jazz sounds. Some sound effects thrown in, punching noises and grunts. Silly.
**4. Accordion and slight country sound mixed with Hawaiian sound and dramatic film music. Vocal samples and lots of quick changes. Even a short bit of Hawaii Five-O theme.
** 5. Vocals cut up and sampled. Is that Italian? Spanish?
6. “Tractor driving, tractor driving man”
**7. Burlesque sound. Slow and “sexy”, slowly turned into noise. Seems to be a women, money, sex theme, and shopping theme.
8. Long track that goes through lots of changes. Cha cha, surf, lounge, etc. There are some extended near silent moments.
**9. Sounds like the intro to some chirpy advertisement which changes into some demented manipulated vocals with what sounds like a Theremin.
10. Sexy but somewhat beat spoken word. More dramatic poetry but with a cheap cha cha sound. A little jazz that has its speed manipulated. This track is a bit more dramatic and contrasting with its changes. Ends with some noisy sax that’s sped up.
**11. Crooning male vocals. “I don’t know why”. Manipulated. The second half of the track is big band stuff chopped up. We go back to our singer wondering why.
12. Lounge-y, quiet, muddled. There is a funny version of Putin on the Ritz sampled towards the end.
**13. Dramatic Star Wars-like film music. Many quiet parts and then what sounds like sounds from a Western movie gun fight right off the TV. We even get a “meaty flavored chunks” sample.
14. Slightly spy-theme sounding.
15. Short, quick, and like the title suggests it sounds frantic. Female vocals.
19. Fast, “going through the motions”.
**20. Skipping classical music. Then funny piano. The track goes all over the place including something from the Star Trek TV series. Great stuff! -mph